Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What about the door Panels?

DJ B-Stee is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about the door Panels?

When you guys do kick panels up front, what do u do about the speakers & grills in the doors? do you leave them empty, fill em, cover em, or what? just curious cuz im thinking about getting components but i'd like to use the door panels, but they are 4x6 spaces...

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You'd most likely need to do some cutting or make a custom bracket to mount your components if you were to use your stock locations.

As for the kicks, I leave my doors empty ... if there are grille's and I'm in a picky mood, I'll re-cover the doors.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What about the door Panels?

how hard would it be to custom mount them in the stock locations? cuz the grille is 6" but the actual mounting area is only a 4x6, would it be harder to make a speaker fit in there than to fiberglass a kick?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd just go ahead and make kicks ... they'll help with your imaging and I think you'd be happier. Easy to make ... see Gauntlet's kick panel tutorial in the Fiberglass/Box section - it's the Sticky @ the top.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What size components would you recommend me getting? i dont want my floorspace occupied too much by my kick panel, but i would like a full sounding midrange. I was thinking 5.25's, but i just found a 3-way setup that may make sense to get, it's a 6.5, a 4", and a tweet. then i could mount the 4" in the door and the 6.5 on the floor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    6.5's would be ideal ... 5.25's would work ...

3 way's are cool ... listen to a bunch of 2 ways and 3 ways and see which you like best ...

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Closed Thread