Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help me get loud and clear

tweet02 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help me get loud and clear

Ok, i have a 96 explorer that has become my project truck. I have my amps and subs on the way. What i am trying to get right now is my mids and highs. Im at a stop light and a magnum pulls up next to me, he dosent have very much sub action going on at all, but his mids and highs were out of this world. I mean he would put your local ice cream man to shame!!! I say to my self, if this guy gets the right subs and the right power to push them, he will have hell on wheels. Then there is another thing that gets my attention, dude is playing some old stuff from back in the day, you could here the 12 inch vynal hissing noise, yet it was loud and clear. I mean he had "electric kingdom" playing!! Now i have a kicker 800.4, I have power bass xl comp's. i know , not the best, but they get the job done. Do I need better comps or/ and more power. I thought about some sundown 8" for mids, and giving them about 150w. Then i was told to fiberglass my doors and put some 8's in there, and i would be plenty loud!! Tell me what you guys think!!

Refs: Zeros/ Jeeper07/ titan714/ Sundownz/2xCajun4real/ icpurplepplalot/ silver02alty/ Sampson/ 2xalxmlr789/ Allenzo/ R-Sosa/ FlixPink/ AcidicDreams / ElBandito/ killahbean/ Djkontakt/XXXPower/ LEX/ is_250/wj94/Haden/JNoel/LopezEL/dbournotdb/chaunb3400/jiggy2dmax/tisnigkanick/Chaarlee/Gonz/ infamous_e46/Creator/ soundstreamer/Thumpin Titan/FrostyLemonade

1996 FORD EXPLORER

HU- Premier 590IB

Front- Power Bass XL COMPS

SUBS- Comming Soon

Front Amp- KX800.4

Sub Amp- SAZ- 1500d x 2

eharri3 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help me get loud and clear

Speaker placement and aim.

Tuning.

Lots of power, way more than whatever your speakers are rated for RMS.

Re: whats some good components?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deathpenalty18
    Not an sq set up just want good sq speakers and tweets not interested in mids! And my sub is a fcking ia dp 18 with a memphis 4kw

Originally Posted by x1le
    mids ARE speakers.

A component set = pair of midwoofer's and a pair of tweeter's

and nobody cares what your sub is.

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Re: Help me get loud and clear

Get some good powerful 5x7/6x8 and throw an assload of power on them.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Closed Thread