Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help with speaker setup!!

ChuckNaked is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help with speaker setup!!

I'm new to this guys so if you guys can help me out with deciding which setup is best for me that would be cool. I have some questions about what speaker setup I should choose for a 96 Maxima 4 door sedan. I don’t want a big subwoofer in the trunk, so no subwoofer. I do want to have bass in the car but not the kind a subwoofer from the trunk brings. I’m not interested in hearing the car rattle. I do want to be able to hear high sounds such as the one used in classical music and I want an adequate bass for when I pump my beats.

For the front door I was thinking about going with a component speaker system because I want clear clean sound. Would I get the same results if I used 2 3-way speakers in the front doors instead of a component system? Also do I place the woofer where the current speaker is now? Where does the crossover go?

For the rear deck I was looking at some mid-ranges Kickers or some 3-way speakers. Can you please tell me the difference? Which one will provide clear sound and adequate bass? I assuming the mid-range have more bass but the 3-way has more quality sound, is this correct? Any other advantages of a 3-way over the mid-range?

Also I wanted to know where I should mount the amp. I assuming for the setup I listed above I need a 4 channel amp. I know I heard an amp needs air to breath so it doesn’t get hot, so should it go in the trunk or under the seat? I assuming in the trunk.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out with helping me pick the setup.

Charlie

mjjstang is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would get a set of nice comps up front, a cheaper set of 2 or threeways in the back. Amp them and it should sound pretty good. How much are you looking to spend. I put my amp in the trunk because it couldnt fit anywhere else but your car may allow for other places but make sure it gets good cooling. Oh and components will definitely sound better unless you buy some pretty crappy ones.

lombardo is offline bass massage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would get a set of 2 way comps for up front and put some midrange speakers in the back. No need for too much treble from the back, it can mess with the sound stage.

2000 black Audi A6 2.8
    stock components
    RE HC15"
    tsunami 1100d (kills kids)
    building a 4^3cuft tuned to mid 30's

some nasty sauce mixed in there.

AIM - fincorny82 2000
    E-mail - l0mbardo@hotmail.com

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help with speaker setup!!

Do this, get a pair of nice components like focal, crystal, Mb quart, rainbow, infinity, many others...for the front. And u wont need anything for the back but if u really want something back there grab some Midbass drivers. Make sure u have a nice amp to power them , something like 80 watts per channel. And make sure to have a nice Deck as it makes a big difference

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

Juice is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Confussed little charlie ,

Hi Charlie, My name is Ove Taylor i live in NewZealand, Right what you want to do is get some 2way (aprox 6-7inch) speakers for the front doors, and some 6x9's for the back window sill (this is how ive got mine set up and i love it). Put your amp under the passengers seat, and run the wires under the carpeting in your car. The head unit you have (i dont know) all depends on the settings your using, using all four channels on the amp is good. If you can Bridge the 6x9's this will give you more power and have the front on one channel each. see how this goes...

ChuckNaked is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I think I'm going to go with the components in the front, some mid-ranges in the back and a amp under the seat. Lombardo (or any of you guys) can you please tell me more about what happens when speakers in the rear deck have too much treble and start messing up the sound stage.

Chuck

Closed Thread