Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Tweeter location

z0n3d0u7 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tweeter location

Alright, So i put more thought into it, And its more then just tweeter location. More like Imagine question's..

So im getting ready to cut my Ring's, And buy some Resin, brushes, gloves, tape, ect to start installing my componet set's tomarrow.

Im wanting something like these for my car, But i dont like the imaging. So im gonna create my own.

Im thinking i should aim the mid more up, And to the passenger's ear / middle of the front seat's from the drivers side, And oposite from the pass side. Does this sound correct? its my first time doing an install.

And im CLUELESS on tweeter placment, But from most of the installs ive seen and like, there on the A pillar, About head level, Aimed at Eachother. Does this sound right? Or should i try to put them on the door pod? [Dont really want them on the door.]

Im thinking something along the lines of this:

Also, Im gonna build set of these for rear 6.5" Mid's, They'll go in the rear arm reat area. But ill probably have to bring the mid's out more to give room behind it. but where shall i aim them?

What are your guyses opinions?

Equipment is a set of CTX65CS componets up front, and eventually ID 6.5" OEM mid's in the rear at 2 ohm's off of a Orion 400.2 [200x2]
    Last edited by z0n3d0u7; 01-03-2009 at 07:39 AM.

84 Chevy Fullsize Single cab: optima red top, 1/0 threwout, Panasonic HU, ID CTX65CS tweets / X-overs, ID OEM 6.5's,(2) Oldschool Orion XTR3 PRO 8's, Orion 1200D and 4002 soon to go in.
    Bought from: duece212 , basebalz13 , UNDERGROUND_BUM , Traksta15

01 S 10 is offline LOUD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tweeter location

i've seen a lot of tweets in the a-pillar, ive had some there before. i actually like them on the doors near the dash just beneath the side windows, thats where im putting my next tweets.

hook them up and move them around and see where you like them before you spend the time building the pillars up and not like them there.

-2005 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab
    -Pioneer Avic-d3, factory BOSE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My cars completly stripped, and is in different places, and i wont have any power to my compont amp for a while.

Anyway i put the componets in my car, There SURE to sound better then the 3.5's and 4x10's that are in there now.

Also ill probably be sticking with the stock upper door panel's, So it'd be hard to flush mount them
    Last edited by z0n3d0u7; 01-03-2009 at 12:59 PM.

84 Chevy Fullsize Single cab: optima red top, 1/0 threwout, Panasonic HU, ID CTX65CS tweets / X-overs, ID OEM 6.5's,(2) Oldschool Orion XTR3 PRO 8's, Orion 1200D and 4002 soon to go in.

Horsemanwill is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

hmmm your car and install seem familair you over at the ID forum too?

Pioneer Carrozzeria DEH P01
    Tru SB6
    Silver Flute W17RC38-08 6-1/2" Wool Cone
    Tru Steel S25
    ES Full body horns soon to come
    2x JBL W12GTI

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope, Im at sounddomain, And LayitLow tho.

Went and got a gallon of resin, 8sqft of mat, cup's, dowel's, stir stick's, chip brushes, ect. and started [after brainstorming MANY idea's]

Here's what ive come up with. They will be bolted to the actual door panel, No cutting, or anything.

Here's Approx where i think my ring will sit. It's about 1" out further then the arm rest, But i may be able to get it flush. If not ill come up with something.

does it look too thick to you guys? I layed down a decent amount of resin, got the bubbles i seen out of it, Layed 3x3 squares, dabbed them with resin, and smoothed it as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you might wanna cut a hole into the door so that the mid can use the door as an enclosure. i think you'll like the response better.

Tru SB6
    Tru Steel S25
    2x JBL W12GTI

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My window seals leak real bad, And im scared my mids will get wet. Plus if you look at the space available, Then the space the ring takes up, there's not too many other choices. For now i just want them in and working, lol.

Also, How many layers should my "Base" be? I just put my second layer of mat, and resin on it. Figured the stronger the better since itll be bolted to the door panel.

Not to mention, Right behind my mid, Is where my window motor sit's.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First of, Rule number one is alcohol must be involved (?) To the right you see my crown and sierra mist [which came in handy when i burnt my self on the pink hot glue gun!] Dont mind the glue gun neither.

Then i positioned my ring, Cut the dowel's, And started glueing

Just an idea of where they'll sit.

With mid

All trimmed up [I used a set of Dykes, go ahead and laugh. Couldnt run the jigsaw at 2am.] with mid and grille

Showing clearance.

Wrapped in T Shirt, With grille. [Had two creases. I think they'll be okay.]

Same, Different angle.

Dak446 is offline likes to race motocross

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya bro that's lookin good, but it might have been a little better to go with bigger "boxes", so you get better mid response, but i think they'll be good either way. also, get a new h.u. bro, dual ***** *** =)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Traded my CDA-9885 for it. It was a bad trade on my part, But i needed an Indash screen with DVD, and multiple video out's. So it does its job for now. Ive been pondering throwing an EQ in the mix to bump up the pre-out's, But i gotta get my cash right first.

Also, i understand the whole enclosure thing, But wouldnt a whole door [Not to mention one that aint air tight] be a bit TOO much "Enclosure"? Might as well run em free-air'd.

Do you think i should put some polyfil in it to try to getbetter responce?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

even with poly fill you won't get the same sound as using the door. granted a properly deadened door will sound better then one w/o any i still say using the door is gonna get you a better response. if your worried about mositure then get you a rain guard to go above the mid. one of those foam baffles cut in half would work great that way it'll cover the back of the speaker and let any water just run off of it.

i noticed your in wichita, if your ever in the JC area i'll be glad to let you hear my car. i haven't yet deadened my door but i'm sure you'll know what i'm talkin about when u hear it.

Tru SB6
    Tru Steel S25
    2x JBL W12GTI

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My main problem, is this is the first time working with fiberglass, So i dont wanna do anything i cant undo if i mess up. these probably wont be permenant. I honestly thought it was gonna take atleast 6 more months to pay someone to make me some pod's. so overall im happy with my pod.

Id love to hear your system, And if i ever plan to go up that way, Ill shoot you a PM.

Thanks for the advice.

cm2
    cm2 is offline Cadillac Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That looks like a good start man... Horsemanwill's got good advice but if you don't want to modify the car than that's understandable.

I have that same component set and I'm working on some pods for them as well... let me know how you like those speakers!

MmatsDude is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looking real good

d-REW is offline tuTWENTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how do the tweeters sound in the door ive always installed mine on the dash or the a pillar but never that close to the mid driver.

Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast