Closed Thread

Reload Thread: RE Audio RE Series 6.5 Components

Ledoux289 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RE Audio RE Series 6.5 Components

I bought a set of the RE Series components and just got them installed Sunday. Today on my drive home from work I think I blew the tweeter out on the right side of the car. Should a tweeter be the first thing to go? I was worried about setting things up right. I sent power to the crossover and then wired the tweeter and woofers up. With that setup was the woofer and the tweeter getting the exact same amount of power? I figured the crossover would be some how stopping the tweeter from receiving as much power as the woofer since then don't need alot of power. I was probably running around 75 watts to the right side. If I blew the tweeter does anyone have a suggestion on a replacement?

Thanks in advance!
    -Dillon

Refs

Bought from: tacovic, kmanian, 1985-stang, FRITO, biggen_bd, BIG_SUPERMAN72, Jdm94Coupe

SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: RE Audio RE Series 6.5 Components

A crossover is capable of sending the full 75 watts to either the midrange driver or the tweeter. However, you'll never realistically be sending a full 75 watts to the tweeter on music.

I'm not sure why you blew them, but I would guess you did because of your equalization settings or improper gain setting. I can't stress how important it is to keep loudness off and leave the equalizer relatively flat. The RE tweets aren't anything particularly special, so replacements shouldn't be too hard to find. I haven't tried pairing my RE comps with any other tweets, but I would guess that you could pair them quite well with the tweeters from a PG RSD or entry-level Pioneer component set.

Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As far as my eq goes I dropped the treble to -2 on my iDA-X200 and the mid and bass are at a flat 0. My amp is an SPA150.4. I have the gain up almost half way. After doing some research it appears that RE tweeters seem to not last very long. I've seen several threads now where people are blowing them left and right. I guess I'll look into pairing up another set of tweets with the woofers. Thanks for the input.

Refs

Bought from: tacovic, kmanian, 1985-stang, FRITO, biggen_bd, BIG_SUPERMAN72, Jdm94Coupe

headbussaboi is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ledoux289 View Post
    As far as my eq goes I dropped the treble to -2 on my iDA-X200 and the mid and bass are at a flat 0. My amp is an SPA150.4. I have the gain up almost half way. After doing some research it appears that RE tweeters seem to not last very long. I've seen several threads now where people are blowing them left and right. I guess I'll look into pairing up another set of tweets with the woofers. Thanks for the input.
    I don't know about that. I have clean power from my US Amps MD42 going to my set and it loves it. Hope I don't end up making the same thread as this one though.

Quote Originally Posted by rookanga View Post
    I have 2 kicker cvr's 1000 rms 2000 peak, that's why a mono amp wont work, and I would like the amp to be 2000 watts

References: Iamexelite, 02parkave, prochabo, profund-sanus, 87grnissan, splchoice, downsouth954, inapontiac, groundpound4200, stuckinok, queball, brazilianguy, seattle206, bumpinbuick, fiercetimbo17, trippleT, mattmcss, cycloneman, us3, soloxjeep, scooter2479, weezner32, basebalz13, 01 s 10, eclipsepb25, doola36, crd, hrtbrk1, shaggy, newageking...more to come!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck with them brother. Mine started off a little harsh so I turned the treble down some and then I thought they sounded pretty good and then poof, no more sound.

Refs

SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ledoux289 View Post
    Anyone who blows RE tweets didn't set them up properly. How did you set your gains? Setting them correctly is the key to making sure they have a long life. I set my gains to 100 wRMS per side for my RE Comps. But they sounded like they could take more, so I upped it to 150. I've had them that way for a year and a half. Never blown them, even at full volume.

Just keep this in mind when you get your new tweeters - otherwise you'll just end up doing the same thing over again.

Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

SQPL is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

check the wiring might be loose.

Honda 08 Civic R18 4dr
    Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage Seps: Focal 165 KRX2
    Front Stage Amp: JBL PX300.4
    Sub Amp: AQ 2200D
    Sub: AQ HDC312

Toyota 04 Vios 1NZFE
    Head Unit: Pioneer DVH P5850MP
    Front Stage: JBL c608GTi MKII
    Front Stage Amp: JBL GTO75.4II Bridged
    Sub Amp: JBL GTO1201.1 II
    Sub: 2 JBL P1220II

Build for 09 Pilot Touring
    Upgrade the stock 7.1 Sounds set-up. Plans: Audison LRX5.1MT, DD3510e, JBL P660C, JBL P662C

References: DJL, Mike465

Closed Thread