Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Rainbow SLC vs SLC kick

DFW40 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rainbow SLC vs SLC kick

I was looking at the Rainbow comps and coaxials and they have a line that is "kick" and in the description at the bottom it says that this line offers 1.5 times the "kickbass" as the regular version but you have to cross them over at @80hz, this seems to me that this would remove some of the Kick???? Does anyone have any experience with the kick vs non kick SLC 6.5's?

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=7032

redcalimp5 is offline Loud 'N Clear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Rainbow SLC vs SLC kick

Quote Originally Posted by HAVINGFUN View Post
    I was looking at the Rainbow comps and coaxials and they have a line that is "kick" and in the description at the bottom it says that this line offers 1.5 times the "kickbass" as the regular version but you have to cross them over at @80hz, this seems to me that this would remove some of the Kick???? Does anyone have any experience with the kick vs non kick SLC 6.5's?

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=7032
    I have owned a set of the SLC Kicks, and right after that a set of the CMX non-kick two ways, and the biggest difference I could tell between the two through regular listening is that the SLC Kick set seemed to deliver a more solid Kick 'thump' especially with rock and funk type music. Even though Rainbow says not to cross the Kick version of their mids below 80Hz, I don't have an issue with that at all. I'm currently running a set of the 6.5" Profi Vanadium Kick mids, and I'm very pleased with their output and capability.

Alpine~Rainbow

Refs~
    6spdcoupe, mlstrass, kmanian, F150Truck'in, PremierAudio, jblayz1, dbrown, BoondockSaints, jacka, flava30, hessdawg, ebrunn, JayRich, Blinkdogo2

Closed Thread