Closed Thread

Reload Thread: ATTN: PIONEER ts-d720c owners

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ATTN: PIONEER ts-d720c owners

anyone that runs pioneer ts-d720 components, how much midbass/punch are you getting out of them, how much power are you running to them and whats your install of them like? ( sealed and deadened doors, are they in kickpods, etc. )

We feel these are lacking midbass like hell ever since i got em in my sealed door install, so im questioning them.

Cravingbass123 is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ATTN: PIONEER ts-d720c owners

bump

Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I installed these comps in my girlfriends car about 6 months ago as an upgrade from a set of CDT cl-61a pros . Took a good amount of time for them to "open up" as far as mid bass goes. Mid bass cranks pretty well for a $130 set of comps. They are seeing 75rms running . No high pass and they handle it just fine . IMO They are extremely balanced . Doors have barely any deadening with a little bit of non harderning clay around the mids themselves . Have you checked the phase of the mids and so on ?

-------------- ---------------
    References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Millertime1028 View Post
    I installed these comps in my girlfriends car about 6 months ago as an upgrade from a set of CDT cl-61a pros . Took a good amount of time for them to "open up" as far as mid bass goes. Mid bass cranks pretty well for a $130 set of comps. They are seeing 75rms running . No high pass and they handle it just fine . IMO They are extremely balanced . Doors have barely any deadening with a little bit of non harderning clay around the mids themselves . Have you checked the phase of the mids and so on ?
    yup checked the phase months ago, I've had the component set since they have came on the market, run 170 rms to each side, doors are fully sealed, (well almost), good baffles, etc. These are truly lacking, no clue as to why, even with crossovers all off.

Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That is crazy if you are not seeing midbass with 170 per side . hmmmm thinking

-------------- ---------------
    References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Something is very wrong if you are running 170rms, which is way overkill for this set anyway and not getting the midbass you desire.

I had mine doing 60rms in well deadened doors..........actually they could have been better, since I had some holes opened up and I got good mid bass out of them. I have recently gotten out of audio, but plan to get back into it in the new year and plan on getting those speakers again.

Something is certainly wrong with your setup, or you are just hoping you would get sub-woofer sound out of some comps.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Side Show is offline Bringin The Noise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What have you got them cross'd over at? try 63hz hpf insted of 80

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i've already tried everything months ago.

something has to be wrong with the mids.
    the two other midbasses i had in those doors with the same amp had much more midbass.

maybe is time for id oems.

Closed Thread