Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kenwood speakers will his amp kill them?

theeplaymaker is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kenwood speakers will his amp kill them?

Hey guys my first post but i've got a question or two. I'm in an electronics major but often get confused when it comes to car audio so I came to you guys for some help. I have 6.5" Kenwood KFC-1690ie speakers in my truck and a Sony USB head unit. They sound pretty good but I want them to sound better. I got a really good deal on this amp but have heard it can push almost 100w RMSx4 even though its rated at 50wx4 at 4 ohms. The speakers are rated at 50w RMS. The amp is a Rockford Fosgate P4004 4-channel amp. So my question is can I safely run this amp without killing my speakers.

oldschool4me is offline Premium Member oldschool4me is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood speakers will his amp kill them?

yes, adjust gains accordingly. you will hear if they are getting too much power.

REF's: Revrider1, Kevinn, darkhunter139, 2002XLT,
    lax916, bad @ss chevy, dropped_mazda, integra88, CRXBMPN, 88irocZ, the franchise, SlainNothing, pootie, khmer rouge, NewAgeKing, thegreatestpenn, oneill584, headless, scoob8000, Blados,ProjectPechkin, Krackerjack, CrownVicon24's, Louisiana_CRX, go_go_thrash, IonSQL, PBateman, ericoutdoorguy, Flomaster, B-roc, RetroAudioinc, ampjunkielikeme, bur1196, integra2468, illbmeubu, j3bus2k3, wgsj_fortvalley, l7runner, Fast1one, +many more
    Ref thread:
    http://caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/286493-oldschool4me-feedback-thread.html
    R.I.P Taylor Lampart (NewAgeKing) 5/13/1988 - 1/24/2010

Trey803 is offline GAMECOCKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes if you properly set the gain

HU: DEH-80PRS
    Doors Deadened
    Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265
    Front Stage Amp: Image Dynamics i2600
    Sub: Dayton RSS210HF-4 8"
    Sub Amp: Image Dynamics i2300
    Wire: Knu

eharri3 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amplifiers will not by themselves, on their own initiative, fry a speaker. It's what you do, or don't do, with the controls at the amp and the head unit that will do the speaker in.

Also, pushing 100 watts RMS does not mean the amp will put out 100 watts 100% of the time that it's fired up, but that this is what it's capable of sustaining continuously if you play a flat test tone through it. You'll be playing music . Sometimes your amp may put out anywhere from 40-60 watts, sometimes it may get close to 100 for brief periods at certain places in the song with the volume cranked.

Re: whats some good components?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deathpenalty18
    Not an sq set up just want good sq speakers and tweets not interested in mids! And my sub is a fcking ia dp 18 with a memphis 4kw

Originally Posted by x1le
    mids ARE speakers.

A component set = pair of midwoofer's and a pair of tweeter's

and nobody cares what your sub is.

Closed Thread