Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Heavy Confusion guys! Help me out!

djdownfawl is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heavy Confusion guys! Help me out!

Hey guys,
    I can't decide between what to buy here.
    • Hertz mlk2, mlk 165
    • CDT E62i GOLD
    • Focal K2ps
    • Morel Elate, Hybrid Ovation

If you people have heard these sets and have some reviews, comments, suggestions, recommendations for me, please post here, so that i can have a better idea about these sets.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Heavy Confusion guys! Help me out!

you can never go wrong with focal, didnt you just start a thread about this same subject a few days ago? maybe someone else?

king ranch is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump it up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

help this guy out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

new guy here and he needs help picking what speakers cant demo them so thats not a option to see what he likes best, so its up to people posting on here to describe the sound of the different speakers and the pros and cons of them and which you like the best.

okiedokie is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey DJdownfall all companies are good, but it depends what type of sound your'e looking for or how watts you will ginving the comps.
    (Morel hybrid ovation) are my favorite speakers/they are so smoooth sounding with eaver type of music, they make everything sound clean.
    (Hertz)milles sound pleasing to the ear just the mid is to laid back for me. the tweeter is really nice, you can mismatch the hsk mids with milles tweeter which will be more agressive.
    (Focal)they make one of the most musical mids that i've heard, but there tweeter is kind of HARSH.
    (CDT Audio) the es62i 2009 mids are very nice,The mid is really tight & punchy more the like focal, but they have the smooth aggressive sound deep mid bass that i was looking for.
    I got a free pair which i didnt think i wound like because of there past history.they probably have the best support on the web. there tweeter isnt smooth as some people claim they are kind harsh for a soft dome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey DJdownfall all companies are good, but it depends what type of sound your'e looking for or how watts you will ginving the comps.
    (Morel hybrid ovation) are my favorite speakers/they are so smoooth sounding with eaver type of music, they make everything sound clean.
    (Hertz)milles sound pleasing to the ear just the mid is to laid back for me. the tweeter is really nice, you can mismatch the hsk mids with milles tweeter which will be more agressive.
    (Focal)they make one of the most musical mids that i've heard, but there tweeter is kind of HARSH.
    (CDT Audio) the es62i 2009 mids are very nice,The mid is really tight & punchy more the like focal, but they have the smooth aggressive sound deep mid bass that i was looking for.
    I got a free pair which i didnt think i wound like because of there past history.they probably have the best support on the web. there tweeter isnt smooth as some people claim they are kind harsh for a soft dome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what set of cdt comps are you running and how much power

lyttleviet is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
    I agree with most of this but do not agree that the mlk mid is laid back...

djdownfawl is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
    Hey okiedokie, that was some great reviews you put here.
    I am still waiting for other people to chip in though.
    Thank you
    Last edited by djdownfawl; 12-08-2008 at 12:41 AM.

buggsson is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you search this forum, you will find at least one very informative thread about the MLK165, I followed it as long as it was active. They seem to be power hungry, quite a few talked of giving them 200" RMS +.

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I've heard the K2P upgrades and HAT Pro set and IMO I'll take my $180 active set up any day of the week.

Consider going active as you can get MUCH more for your $$$...

maloy013 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what amps. hu ru running it with? active or passive?

hu:alpine iva w200 w/blackbird nav/ pxa h701
    front comps: id oems
    rear: what?
    substage:alpine type r 10s
    amp comp:alpine mrv f545
    amp sub:alpine mrp m650

REFS:PIMPILATION-bought HESSDAWG-bought

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I meant by the mlks being more laid back compaired to the hsk
    the mlk will sound very nice active, but more of power hungry SQ mid.
    With most of the these speakers it all about what sounds good to your ears & what types of music you listen to.\
    I mostly listen to underground positive hip-hop which has more of a jazzy smooth sound.
    I do like more a mid bass sound, but at times i love to listen to hard knock as well.
    Some underground rock can also sound very good to me.
    So if you know what your music taste is then you'll be able to narrow it down to the speakers that will please you.

jeff33702 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    I've heard the K2P upgrades and HAT Pro set and IMO I'll take my $180 active set up any day of the week.

Consider going active as you can get MUCH more for your $$$...
    It's easy to find a set of comps but I've had a hard time picking individual drivers for an active system. Is there a thread somewhere with speakers that compliment eachother for active solutions??

Thanks
    Jeff

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast