Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tweeter placement...

i read around that you want your tweeters as close to the mid as possible... is this true? i have also read that you want them higher, like the same level as your head, pointing toward your head... which would you do and why...

p.s. sorry if it's a repost...

Refs: vitveet(x2)-audiobahnuser18(x2)-fargof-mazzasec-loudcartunez-jeeper07-NE14MX-pitbull12887-datboiroy-littleviet-XxSuperAdamxX(x2)-uS3-craigzter-LazyRider-juckstapose

Quote Originally Posted by endofdays89 View Post
    yeah, put in some white girl or three 6 mafia and sit in your car and let us see how much the rear view mirrors move. It usually is the best indicator that the low lows are hitting well or not. Cuz it should vibrate quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by matrxx dude View Post
    my girl ask me once to choose between her and my car audio,i told that ***** i had made harder decisions at the coke machine.

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    661 Post(s)

Re: tweeter placement...

you need to try and get the speakers at close to equal path lengths as possible...the kicks are your best location.. mounting the tweeter far from the mid can cause phase and off axis response problems....

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

outspoken is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Between The Golden Gate And The Bay Bridge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thats what i thought too... a friend of mine has his mounted on the dash facing right at your head, needless to say they are way too bright... in my last car i had them about one and a half feet above the mid on the door panel and even then they were pretty bright... i think i'll try to get them closer to the mid this time and angle both speakers up and toward the center of the cabin... i don't want to deaden the doors until i decide weather that will sound good or just go with kick pods...

Refs: vitveet(x2)-audiobahnuser18(x2)-fargof-mazzasec-loudcartunez-jeeper07-NE14MX-pitbull12887-datboiroy-littleviet-XxSuperAdamxX(x2)-uS3-craigzter-LazyRider-juckstapose

yeah, put in some white girl or three 6 mafia and sit in your car and let us see how much the rear view mirrors move. It usually is the best indicator that the low lows are hitting well or not. Cuz it should vibrate quite a bit.

my girl ask me once to choose between her and my car audio,i told that ***** i had made harder decisions at the coke machine.

Etac is offline Angry Bunny Killer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

in all my installations i always tried the tweeters up high first, and i always end up putting them in the kicks, they just blend so much better

Dont Buy From Or Sell To Dropped_Mazda

jbizzle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I have my mids in the doors and my tweeters in the dash, and they don't sound bad at all..

MW Car Audio - www.MWCarAudio.net

Feedback Thead: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/378649-jbizzle-feedback-thread.html

Etac is offline Angry Bunny Killer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbizzle View Post
    I have my mids in the doors and my tweeters in the dash, and they don't sound bad at all..
    car and tuning also come into play
    im not saying its impossible to get good sounding setup with the tweeters up high, but it does require a little more tweaking

Dont Buy From Or Sell To Dropped_Mazda

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've yet to hear an install where I enjoyed the sound of high mounted tweeters.

The initial strikes can be imaged correctly, but the decay always brings my ears back to their install location.

mcsoul is offline such is life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798 View Post
    I've yet to hear an install where I enjoyed the sound of high mounted tweeters.

The initial strikes can be imaged correctly, but the decay always brings my ears back to their install location.
    Sorry, define high.

Is low in the A-pillars (shoulder level) what you would consider high?

Are you inferring hight as compared to the mid-woofer, ie low in the a-pillar
    may be to high if the mid is low in the door, but maybe not if the mid is in the middle
    of the door?

Mid Amp: Audison lrx 4.300 bridged 2x140w @ 8 ohms
    Doors: 24ft Damplifier Pro, Second Skin D-flex pads, eggcrate foam, sealed up.
    Tweeter: SEAS 27TFFNC
    High Amp: Audison Lrx-2.150
    Subs: Two RE SE 12 d4's
    Box: 4 cubes net at 30hz
    Sub Amp: Sound Stream Van Gough 1600.2
    Electrical: Knu Flex 1/0, Batcap 2000 in back
    Rear Deck: No 6x9's just holes and grills

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Consider how little information is up in the frequencies a tweeter *should* be playing and also where you cross from the mid to the tweeter. If I cross at 8k and have my tweeters up high at -6 dB, they only serve to "top fill" the stage. 90% of the sound in my car comes from below and behind the dash. Ears are easily fooled, so take advantage of that.

Experimentation is key; not trying to repeat what someone tells you to do on a forum.

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

outspoken is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Between The Golden Gate And The Bay Bridge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxPro5 View Post
    Consider how little information is up in the frequencies a tweeter *should* be playing and also where you cross from the mid to the tweeter. If I cross at 8k and have my tweeters up high at -6 dB, they only serve to "top fill" the stage. 90% of the sound in my car comes from below and behind the dash. Ears are easily fooled, so take advantage of that.

Experimentation is key; not trying to repeat what someone tells you to do on a forum.
    yes, i agree, however i just wanted a to hear some opinions from others along with an explanation of why... this way, through the wonder that are forums, i can get a better understanding of car audio installation and front-stage imaging... sound is subjective so i know what sounds good to some sounds bad to others... i will first try the a-pillars, if it's bad then they will go lower... thanks for the replys!

Closed Thread

User Tag List