Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Bass Race Speaker Question

hazardous0388 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bass Race Speaker Question

for those of you who compete in bass race or others forms relatively the same, have had more success using multiple sets of coaxial speakers or component speakers. I have seen many people use something like 2 sets of coaxials per door, wiring them @ a final ohm load of 4 to pretty powerful 2-4 channel amplifiers. I'm always aware components will sound better but be more costly.

Any suggestions or opinions?

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

mazzasec is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bass Race Speaker Question

Um what?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok. let me rephrase it. when it comes to having excess of bass that really isn't needed, the front stage starts to lack. too keep up with the bass, many add more speakers to the front stage, hence using multiple sets of coaxials or components in each door. Does anyone here have a preference on which? does this clear things up more?

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ttt

DDeitz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah any pair over about 2 grand a set would be pretty good...but seriously alot of guys run pretty much as cheap as you find that are still alright. Marine kickers seem to be a fav. Anything you can find lots of for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by azbass View Post
    I have JL wire because im baller status and thats what ballers use.
    Stock stereo ftw

01 S 10 is offline LOUD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 sets in the doors seem to do the trick if your doing around a 150. Im buying a cheap set of mid ranges to try them out and if i like them, I will be ordering atleast 9 sets and then ill just have to find out where to put them lol.. I want to wait and see how i like them before i comment on what they are and what price they are at. they are on the cheappppppp cheappp

-2005 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab
    -Pioneer Avic-d3, factory BOSE

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

just buy a bunch of dayton mids.... /thread

01 S 10 is offline LOUD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdan View Post
    just buy a bunch of dayton mids.... /thread
    i have daytons now.. and im sure with 2 more sets and a lot more power than what they're getting they would scream, but im getting something for even cheaper and hopefully they sound the same or better. I like the daytons tho

-2005 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab
    -Pioneer Avic-d3, factory BOSE

James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bass race in the speaker section.. i thought there was a new class... midbass race or something.

as a serious answer. I'd suggest you just get come cheap *** speakers, since there's no use in get quality speakers up front just to let your subs step all over them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the input everyone!

Lil Poot is offline you sturrin at me brah?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol @ midbass race

Alpine W205/H701
    Revolution Design D9 - 2 AQ HDC3 18s
    Genesis Profile Four Ultra - Creative SDX7 mids, TBI HDSS tweets
    Iraggi 240a, Optima g34 YT, 3 C&D 134ah, 15.3v MLA module, 120 ft 1/0, 200 ft^2 RAAMmat

WTT/S - 2 HDC3 18s, RD HW 10, 880prs + ipod + 6 disc changer, Alumapro ALC6.2 Components, Zed built US Acoustics USA4050 + USA2200, Fisher Customs boxes

sq what 4 is offline no clue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Buy the Polk Audio DB651's off of accomadation and do 4 sets!!!

DD taste on a Pyramid budget!!!!

Gorilla Audio Productions
    Central IL Show Promoter
    Shows Coming To A Town Near You Soon

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i might have to do that joe...the meeting this morning was dumb.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

god ****it joe
    Last edited by hazardous0388; 11-09-2008 at 09:39 PM.

xbdrx is offline I sleep really late

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hazardous0388 View Post
    Had my first ***** last night and I really love *****!!!!!!!!

***** FTW!!!!!!
    WTF.........I cant work with you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bahn4lyfe View Post
    My Bahns Can Be Heard All Over The Hood
    Pioneer
    Kicker
    DLS
    Image Dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by hazardous0388 View Post
    Had my first ***** last night and I really love *****!!!!!!!!

***** FTW!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast