Closed Thread

Reload Thread: CDT Eurosports in Camaro?

Riddle6 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CDT Eurosports in Camaro?

I have decided on these speakers.....but don't know what kind.....if I should get 2 ways or 3 ways.....not even sure the set up I should use or how many speakers I should use....please help

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A 6.5" component set up front in kick panels or in the doors (or in custom door pods) would work very well. You wont even need any rear fill...though be sure to budget in a small 2 channel amp.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would it sound better if I had some in the rear also??? and what kind should I get ....2-way or 3-way

SPLThunder is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it would not sound better in the rear also i think it would kill soundstaging. Highs nd mids upfront and close to each other. Lows anywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Riddle6
    Would it sound better if I had some in the rear also??? and what kind should I get ....2-way or 3-way
    You'd be happy with two ways...what subs are you running?

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

?

Not to sure ......I am lookin for mostly SQ but want it loud as well....I have money so I am open for ANY options....I have been lookin at many subs but not sure if they are the right ones.....and you don't think any speakers would sound good in the back? If not what would I do.....just take the factorys out and leave it empty :p lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With a nice set of 6.5" components up front in kick panels, you wouldn't need any rear speakers at all.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

JMigs@WCU is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What kind of power are you planning to send to your sub? And, are you wanting more than 1 sub in the vehicle?

I own a f-body(97) and have Stereo Integrity 307 components in custom kicks with Peerless 6.5" midbass drivers and a single Stereo Integrity Magnum D2 in the back. You can see pics either on my webshots page or on Stereo Integrity's website under demo cars. There is a peak in a f-body at appox. 45hz. If you have an EQ, it's no big deal...comes right out. A single D2 in the hatch of mine is more than enough for SQ. And, it will get loud. Now, there is also a guy I know running 3 D2's in a 95 Firebird. He's in the mid-140's with about 600 watts or maybe just hair more on each of them. You can get the Mags right now or by July 16 for $200 shipped in the continental US. Definitely worth checking out if you're interested. Best mix of SQ/SPL I've ever heard. Ask Loyd if they get loud

And, for rear fill....definitely wouldn't advise you to do that. You want to build that front stage as best as you can get it, and let the sub(s) take care of any "rear activity"

Josh

1997 Camaro w/some mods
    200 HO Alternator
    Fully Deadened to the brim
    Alpine / USX / Audiocontrol / SI 307's / SI Magnum D2

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMigs@WCU
    What kind of power are you planning to send to your sub? And, are you wanting more than 1 sub in the vehicle?

I own a f-body(97) and have Stereo Integrity 307 components in custom kicks with Peerless 6.5" midbass drivers and a single Stereo Integrity Magnum D2 in the back. You can see pics either on my webshots page or on Stereo Integrity's website under demo cars. There is a peak in a f-body at appox. 45hz. If you have an EQ, it's no big deal...comes right out. A single D2 in the hatch of mine is more than enough for SQ. And, it will get loud. Now, there is also a guy I know running 3 D2's in a 95 Firebird. He's in the mid-140's with about 600 watts or maybe just hair more on each of them. You can get the Mags right now or by July 16 for $200 shipped in the continental US. Definitely worth checking out if you're interested. Best mix of SQ/SPL I've ever heard. Ask Loyd if they get loud

And, for rear fill....definitely wouldn't advise you to do that. You want to build that front stage as best as you can get it, and let the sub(s) take care of any "rear activity"

Josh

**** ur lucky i wish i could get eurosports. get some 6.5 and im sure u wont need any rear filll. a camaro has a small cabin anyway. u should also look into focal utopias. and make sure to get an amp for them.

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capone28
    **** ur lucky i wish i could get eurosports. get some 6.5 and im sure u wont need any rear filll. a camaro has a small cabin anyway. u should also look into focal utopias. and make sure to get an amp for them.
    Where can I look at/buy the Utopia's....I have been told from others that the Focals are as good as the Euro's or better? but have no clue where to buy them....and what amp should I run to the speakers? (Obviously lookin at sound quality)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Focal's can be looked at/purchased here:
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/carau...y.asp?c=5&m=38

Oh, and by the way, you won't notice a difference in "sound quality" between say a Crossfire and a US Acoustics 2 channel amp

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Closed Thread

User Tag List