Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Stock speakers are 6.25"... what components would you recommend for $200?

devtec is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stock speakers are 6.25"... what components would you recommend for $200?

Hi all,

The speaker mounting location in my Prelude is more like 6.25" in diameter, and true 6.5s won't fit. What components would you recommend? I'd be feeding them 200W from my Phoenix Gold bridge amp.

Thanks!

Powerbass1267 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Stock speakers are 6.25"... what components would you recommend for $200?

It dosent take much modification to make those 6.5's work...

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

x2.......you could easily drop in 6.5's. I'm not that far from Chicago if you can't find some help locally...

denalilvr has a set of BostonPro 60's in the classified BNIB for a good price. I grabbed one set from him. He's in Skokie, so not that far from you...

devtec is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks guys... sorry for the newbness, but could you describe a little bit how to make 6.5s fit? I actually already have a set of MB Quart Q series 6.5s (too bright for me), but was never able to make them fit in the stock speaker pod. I have no problem cutting the basket to gain mounting depth, but the diameter of the plastic pod is just too small for 6.5s... what do you do in this situation? Would still like to use the stock speaker covers/grilles.

Closed Thread