Closed Thread

Reload Thread: please help!!!!!big question!!!

mdd99 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

please help!!!!!big question!!!

if i have an alpine 9813 which will have alot of mode to choose and i will buy and mb quart rsc 213 which have crossover. is the crossover worth anything if the alpine already have crossover. or should i go with coakcial speaker. will it sound good if i hook it up to the alpine receiver with the crossover. my second question is if i hook the rsc 213 to an amp can i hook another speaker to the alpine at the same time so that equal eigth speaker. if i can hook it up that way should i use coakcial speaker or component to hook it up to the head unit.
    Please solver this big question for me....thannnnnnnkkkk..

zephyr is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the crossover of the mbquart's set is to separate the frequencies that will be carried by the woofer and the tweets. while the HU crossover is not for this purpose. it separates the frequencies for sub and mid. you can hook up another speaker to the HU when your rsc is hooked up to an amp, but for what? the sound the amp produce will definitely cleaner and louder. the second set run by HU will only ruin your SQ.

Denon - PPI - JL Audio- Image Dynamics - CDT Audio - Hugfen

JaJay721 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by zephyr
    you can hook up another speaker to the HU when your rsc is hooked up to an amp, but for what?
    My guess is he only has a two channel amp. You can run a set of speakers off the head unit if you wish. I recommend making the rears the ones off the head unit and the components off the amp.
    Last edited by JaJay721; 06-27-2003 at 04:22 PM.

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by zephyr
    the crossover of the mbquart's set is to separate the frequencies that will be carried by the woofer and the tweets. while the HU crossover is not for this purpose. it separates the frequencies for sub and mid. you can hook up another speaker to the HU when your rsc is hooked up to an amp, but for what? the sound the amp produce will definitely cleaner and louder. the second set run by HU will only ruin your SQ.
    I agree

FREE Terrelll"peanut" Grayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread