Closed Thread

Reload Thread: PG RSD and speaker baffles.

David12460 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PG RSD and speaker baffles.

I just ordered 6.5'' Phoenix gold RSD comps due to the reviews I have read. I am concerned about them getting wet because I am unsure of how well my weather stripping seals my doors. So I ordered 2 foam speaker baffles that are 4.5'' deep.

Does anyone have any experience with the RSDs in these baffles?

If I don't like the effects of them being in a "sealed" enclosure I will just cut the bottoms off to open them up while protecting the speakers from moisture.

dftnz7 is offline ^F o r u m Boner^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: PG RSD and speaker baffles.

Try it that way, if you dont like it, cut a 1" diameter hole in the back of them, which will allow enough air movement while still providing great moisture protection.

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 HO Cummins

880PRS / NINe.5 / Vifa XT25 / Seas CA18RNX / SSA Icon 12"

SRim23 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: PG RSD and speaker baffles.

these were reviews on sounddomain i read (when sounddomain sold products) but most of the reviews said those baffles almost eliminated midbass completely and that cutting the holes helped a little. since it was sounddomain you dont know how well the installs were or what not but i think it was like 4 of 5 reviews said that.

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

Closed Thread