Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Picked up 2 sets of RSD's today, crossover freqs & suggestions please

xhilr8n is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Picked up 2 sets of RSD's today, crossover freqs & suggestions please

Well as the title states, i picked up two sets of these. Finally bought new components rather than used stuff. I am wondering who has theirs crossed over at what frequency, and how much power i should put on them running the passive crossovers.

I will run them active later, but for now i am just gonna use the crossovers. I have been shopping for crossovers, and amps to finish out the front stage before i build the substage. I have already bought all the deadening material, baffles and quiet kote stuff from parts express. So i will be doing the install deadening and all at the same time.

pics later tonight.

jason

My Feedback, if you have traded/bought/sold with me please add yourself, thanks.
    JUST COPY AND PASTE
    http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/showthread.php?t=49989&highlight=xhilr8n

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310480

Please read through the entire thread links and all if you have any doubt as to my honesty. I always underrate stuff......it's just easier.

dman4486 is offline Paid to Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Picked up 2 sets of RSD's today, crossover freqs & suggestions please

search function FTW!!!

Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People say to give them at least 120rms, which I think is silly. A lot of people saying that also were blowing **** up.

I have the same set and I run 75rms to each side and they sound phenomanal.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

UCF52 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Search for tCguys thread. He has gone active with them.

IIRC, he has the tweeters down to 2.5k @ 24db and the mids, well, I can't remember.

geowick07 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geowick07 View Post
    What's that?

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UCF52 View Post
    Search for tCguys thread. He has gone active with them.

IIRC, he has the tweeters down to 2.5k @ 24db and the mids, well, I can't remember.
    Yeah he is active, which most people don't do.

He is a good guy to talk to about them, but he will beg for you to get as much power to them, when I have 75rms and my ears feel like they are going to bleed! I have also had sets with over 150rms per side in my MBQuart Q series and these are louder and sound more pleasing to my ears. The Q's were way to harsh no matter where I had my settings at.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea, tC is the resident RSd user. I have about 120 a side to mine. Plenty loud.

xhilr8n is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i don't make posts very often that i don't search. I was gonna check on this post at work with my phone.....which doesn't do well with high loading times of a search etc. but forget it i guess.

I also wonder how many people who are telling me to use the search button use it every time?

thanks to the people who actually posted something useful, and didn't just use a search button rant to get their fricking post count higher. I searched for tcguys thread, and found his plus a few others...thanks for the info...close or whatever.........that is all.

Well i did a little digging, and found thread by both of you hypocritical bastages Dman, and Geowick lol to include the big three, what wire to use, asking about BTL's, and so on and so on........i know those questions have never been ask before.

Alpineforever is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have mine going active... they are all working as of this afternoon around 3.

I have my tweets at ~2600 taking about 93 watts according to my DMM and my mids are bandpassed from 85Hz to ~2600Hz and getting about 109 watts according to my DMM... they all sound great, but I've only had everything going for about 7 hours... of which I only played them for about 30 minutes and of that 30 minutes only about 5 of them were full power, so I'll get back to you guys once I've dealt with them for a little while. But right now my first impression is they sound great and were worth more than I spent on them that's for sure. I think you will be safe at 2600 with the tweeters tho, I'll experiment lower later but for now I feel like I'm sending them very safe voltage.

I don't know how steep my built in crossovers are, I know the low pass on the woofers is 18 dB/octave, but I don't know how steep the built in crossovers are on the SAX 100.4, not trying to thread jack but can someone tell me, I don't wanna have to go out side and look at the owners manual... lol

Closed Thread