Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2 sets of componets

Cangri is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 sets of componets

I need some here guys. I'm not sure if I should buy 2 sets of componets, or just stick with one set and see how it works out. I guess I could upgrade later. IF I went with 2 sets would it make that big of a diffrence. The componets I plan on running are hertz mlk 165 in a 07 camry powered by a audison amp.

coledawg is offline Where the Hell am I?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2 sets of componets

go with one in the front u will not be able to hear the second pair when ur in the car in the front

Sub- 1 12" Type R wired to 1ohm in Custom Ported Box
    Amp- TXi7508 Hifonics
    Front Amp- Pr100.2 Memphis
    Front Fill- Memphis 15-MSYNC6
    Rear Fill- Rockford Fosgate P163C 6.5s
    HU- Eclipse 3200
    all 4 gauge and Tsnaumi Fused Distro Block
    1998 Honda Accord EX V6

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coledawg View Post
    go with one in the front u will not be able to hear the second pair when ur in the car in the front
    i wouldnt entirely agree with that. my girl has 2 sets of comps and you definately hear the difference.

i think if you absolutely want a front and rear stage just go comps in front and coax in back. with her comps in front and rear her highs are just too harsh for my liking.

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

Cangri is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do anything for rear fill or is it just a waste? My goal is to just have a real loud front stage, so that's why i guess 2 sets up front would make a diffrence.

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri View Post
    Do anything for rear fill or is it just a waste? My goal is to just have a real loud front stage, so that's why i guess 2 sets up front would make a diffrence.
    ive never had experience with 2 sets up front but id imagine instead of buying 2 sets maybe just put all the money into 1 extremely good pair. thats what id do at least.

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If your goal is for a loud front stage, I would suggest either a nice high power comp set in the stock location in the doors, or a good set of comps in the doors and another set in the kick panels.

Some people will recommend you not to use both tweeters, but I personally feel thats up to the user.

Either way you go, some sound deading in those doors will go a long way in increasing you comps output by elimating road noise.

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

System is a work in progress.

Cangri is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im going with hertz mlk 165's with a audison amp. Im going for a mix of sq/spl. What subs would fit that category and would 2 12's be to much. The brands I have come up with so far are JL, FI, RE, and ID. Just not sure which one would fit my goal. My price range is no more than 1,200 for the subs. I probably use a audison amp for the subs as well

"that boy asad" is offline low and slow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri View Post
    Im going with hertz mlk 165's with a audison amp. Im going for a mix of sq/spl. What subs would fit that category and would 2 12's be to much. The brands I have come up with so far are JL, FI, RE, and ID. Just not sure which one would fit my goal. My price range is no more than 1,200 for the subs. I probably use a audison amp for the subs as well
    i would get the IDMax... it would be perfect with the audison 5.1k amp

(Eclipse | Hertz | Audison

my references... CRXBMPN, aznattic, Extreme SE-R

zeed is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You seems like getting same set up with me. I'm thinking of Hertz MLK at front and HSK at rear. Just that I'll not have sub. I want Audison Amp also.

My 99' Camry project car for fun.

HU: Pioneer Deh-7800
    Amp: Infinity 7541A (might be Rainbow iPaul if I can't sell it)
    Front: Hertz HSK165
    Rear: MB Quart RCE 269 (will be Hertz ECX 690)
    Absolutely NO SUB
    All Kicker wires and Knukonceptz's RCA.

Bought from: na_rsx, jagblazer01, MValley70, Steveyhustle, Towncar

Closed Thread