View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
40. This poll is closed
  • DLS 8.3i (8, 3, tweet)

8 20.00%
  • Hertz HSK 163 (6.5. 3, tweet)

16 40.00%
  • Morel Elate 9 (9, 3, tweet)

16 40.00%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Which would you do? DLS, MOREL, HERTZ

hemi4me? is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which would you do? DLS, MOREL, HERTZ

Lets say you had these items readily available... The DLS 8.3i for $600.00, the HERTZ HSK163 for $520.00 and the Morel Elate 9 for $750-800. These are all things I can get, and I was wondering what the choice would be?

I like the Morel, but the price is a lil more than I want to go... I like the DLS because I really want mid bass, and the 8 sounds like it would do the trick. The HERTZ and the DLS has a adjustment on the xover for the midd and tweet and 3" which is nice. I want to use a 4 channel amp bridged at 2 channels, and many of the ams I am looking at will give me like 150wx2 at least.

Take the poll lets see how these do...

http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_83

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.htm

http://www.morelhifi.com/products/mob_3way_elate.html

2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 W/ 2 Image Dynamics ID 10's IB rear deck (done soon), Memphis Belle 16-MCH 1300 (hmmm wanna trade?), Dynaudio or DLS 3 way coming this week - Bought from RC10Mike and I am Paypal Verified, and I have 380 plus positive feedback on ebay user name smart-wheeler-dealer

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Which would you do? DLS, MOREL, HERTZ

try them all!!!!
    Last edited by tcguy85; 05-11-2008 at 12:14 PM.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

filtor1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

+1. No way we can tell you preferences. Audition them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Problem is NO ONE has them ... On display I mean, and no friends have anything higher end than JL LOL

2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 W/ 2 Image Dynamics ID 10's IB rear deck (done soon), Memphis Belle 16-MCH 1300 (hmmm wanna trade?), Dynaudio or DLS 3 way coming this week - Bought from RC10Mike and I am Paypal Verified, and I have 380 plus positive feedback on ebay user name smart-wheeler-dealer

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

boo, thats always the problem, you pretty much now days have to just rely on reading reviews online and hoping you can EQ them to sound the way you like. it's tough, i know.

that why i bought the speakers i currently have. it was a low risk being just under 100 bucks. i was happy at first because it was a huge improvement over stock. then as i began to listen a little closer i was more like "meh" lol. then instead of swapping out speakers again and again, i bought a HU with A LOT more processing power and a huge amp and made it work. took a good bit of tuning but i'm happy with it.

thats the risk you gotta take, just have to decide on how big or expensive of a risk you need to take.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well could always take the lenghty way and costly, but you would be able to get the ones you like, lol! Buy them and if you don't like them, sell them here or eghey or where ever and try the next set.

I know, pretty lame, just trying to help.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

bamaboy is offline War Eagle!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how hard to you want to work to fit a 8 or 9"?

the hsk 165's i listened to sounded very nice, the 3way set uses a different woofer, all should sound very nice, i voted on the hertz because its alot of work for a 8 or 9" in doors

04 Explorer
    Kenwood DDX812
    RF 3Sixty.2
    T6004
    T4002
    T40001bd
    Hertz MLK-2 running Active
    Hertz HCX165
    4x DC Audio LVL 4 12"s

Summer 09' Build...Operation:Pull Wall out, put new subs in DONE!
    Build
    Photobucket
    now with video

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have 6x9 in there now, and my last car was also a 300c and 8s fit fine!

PaulD is offline self-imposed ban

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

8" or 9" midbass is AWESOME .... but you will have to severely deaden the doors

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yah I was going to do that anyway...

Ugh... decisions...

hertz are the cheapest.

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even if you deaden the crap out of the doors, an 8" driver producing lots of bass is going to rattle the **** out of your window tracks etc. and those are almost impossible to deaden (without tearing your door apart and lining everything with ****ing felt). Even the power line CS with 7 inch drivers can rattle the doors pretty excessively... I'd go with the hertz.

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

Innovative:Cory is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by headless View Post
    Even if you deaden the crap out of the doors, an 8" driver producing lots of bass is going to rattle the **** out of your window tracks etc. and those are almost impossible to deaden (without tearing your door apart and lining everything with ****ing felt). Even the power line CS with 7 inch drivers can rattle the doors pretty excessively... I'd go with the hertz.

I have a Dynaudio MW172 (8") in my doors..... and no rattles.....and tons of sub/midbass.... I also have 4 layers of dynamat extreme and 2 layers of stinger overkill foam on my doors....plus a layer of each on the plastic panel itself...but no rattles....

And did I mention this is in an Eclipse? Really thin metal....

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's great; apparently the window components in an eclipse don't rattle - i'm not talking about the door itself nor the plastic panels, but the power window rails and components. I've got 3 layers of dynamat extreme in my doors...and it doesn't matter - why? because you can't put dynamat on moving window parts.

btw, what x-over & slopes are you running?

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

2006C230 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am using two sets of Morel Elate 6 3ways in a 5.1 system. These are really fine speakers. I was able to get the mid and tweet into the center channel location with a Morel Ovation 4" as well. I tried to run the 9" woofer but the door would not accommodate it. I highly recommend these speakers if you can afford them and I do sound mixing for Film as a profession.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well....

LOL

I ended up with something not on the list. The Dynaudio 7,4,1

Its the 360

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast