Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Front Stage question IM CONFUSED with all the choices

hemi4me? is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Front Stage question IM CONFUSED with all the choices

Hope you guys can help me out!

I am looking for a front stage only to compliment my 2 ID10s (dual 2ohm) in the rear deck. I am looking for a much midbass as possible, smooth sound from the tweeter nothing harsh but I am limited to the amp I have, the power, and the money. As far as size, I have 4" holes in the dash (300C I enlarged the holes) and place for tweets in the door, or the a pilars, and in the lower door I can fit either a 6x9, 6.5, 7" 8" ...

Here is the amp MEMPHIS 16MCH1300 - It says to have 75x4 @ 4 ohm or 230x2 @ 4 ohm with a sub channel 600x1 at 2ohm.

Now here is where I am confused it seems to me that I am stupid if I dont run a 3 way set (passives) because I can drive the amp at the full 230x2. Is this the best case solution for my amp?

BUT I own a set of Morel Dotech brand new 4" components that I could run in the dash, and then simply add a midbass driver with a crossover to bandpass the door. If I choose to do this, then I am only using the amp at a 75x2 on the 4 and tweet, then 75 watts to each mid (seems like thats not enough power to me?).

Here are some things I have found. $600 for DLS 8.3 from a member, $515 for HERTS HKS 163 (local new in box), Dynaudio 3 way 360 for $660.00 new in box (local), or keep my 4" morels and get something for the door. Maybe a Image Dynamic X69, or DLS 8i driver, or another 7 or 8".

2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 W/ 2 Image Dynamics ID 10's IB rear deck (done soon), Memphis Belle 16-MCH 1300 (hmmm wanna trade?), Dynaudio or DLS 3 way coming this week - Bought from RC10Mike and I am Paypal Verified, and I have 380 plus positive feedback on ebay user name smart-wheeler-dealer

PaulD is offline self-imposed ban

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Front Stage question IM CONFUSED with all the choices

all depends on the power you want to run. I do agree from experience that nearly all components sound better with lots of power. What a bout getting another amp like it and use one for each side - bridge front for tweet, bridge rear for mid and use the 5th channel for a midbass. Now THAT would kick some major butt.

cshaw is offline free the robots

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Front Stage question IM CONFUSED with all the choices

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    all depends on the power you want to run. I do agree from experience that nearly all components sound better with lots of power. What a bout getting another amp like it and use one for each side - bridge front for tweet, bridge rear for mid and use the 5th channel for a midbass. Now THAT would kick some major butt.
    idk about you, but i like my music in stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by James Bang View Post
    I think the earlobe curls helped the most. Less weight but more reps. It helped with the endurance to fight off ear fatigue.

Closed Thread