Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Thinking of going component need advice

stylez777 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thinking of going component need advice

As of right now I have Alpine sps-17c2 6.5 coax in my front doors (have pioneer premier ts-a942p 6x9 coax in the rear) and want to possibly move up to a component set. My system as of now was a quick facotry upgrade i did last year really threw it together with no thinking so this time want to do it right for what i want (and what i can spend). (my Head unit is a Pioneer Premier 590ib if it matters at all)

I don't need the loudest hardest hitting set ever created and i don't need someone 4 towns over knowing i just got into my car As of right now I don't have a sub yet (still looking into it) but i may end up going with either 1 10" or 1 12" sub since i have limited trunk space and either one should produce enough bass for me. The amp i just got is rated (yes those dreaded manufacuter ratings) as 130 rms x 4 and 400 rms x1 at 4ohm (seemed like a decent 5 channel had what i wanted came with cooling fans also and looks pretty cool)

I set a budget of $150 (lower is better) for new 6.5 Comps and after some reading i have come to 4 possible choices:

1. Infinity 60.7cs for $150 shipped
    2. Alpine Spr-17s for $135 shipped
    3. PG Rsd65cs for $85 shipped
    4. BA SX60 for $135 shipped

Now i know all 4 sets have lower rated rms ranges then what my amp says it can put out per channel but i also know this can be a load of horse poo! From a pure price stand point the RSD65cs look really good and from what people are saying they really kick ***! I don't have an option to hear any of these as places by me really have low end crap out for you to hear!!

Can anyone chim in with some advise on any of these I really wanna get it right this time and don't want to waste money making stupid mistakes. any input or advise anyone can give would be greatly welcomed.

bsean63 is offline Undead Revolution

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Thinking of going component need advice

number 3

thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the best way is to listen to them if you can. everybodys ears are diffrent. but if i had to choose from thoes listed, i would go with the alpine. i have tried thoes infinitys and did not care for them that much.
    just my - .02 worth

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rsd's. cannot be beat for the price.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

^ yea that

-------------- ---------------
    References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

DjiNN is offline Posts but still a NooB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ill listen to my RSD and tell you what i think ..

Vehicle : Subaru Impreza 2010

Refs : 6spdcoupe, gl0ck

Closed Thread