Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Speaker Placement?

Hi, i know this question has been brought up before, but i couldn't find it when i searched. Ihave a 98 civic and a set of infinity reference 6000 cs components. Where would be the best place to mount it imaging wise? im not interested in kick panels. I was thinking int he doors infront of the handle, or surface mounted on the sail panel. Any other ideas, i would really prefer to have the tweeter flush mounted so it doesn't look crappy, thanks al ot

BassRacer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ttt

1984 Olds Cutlass Ciera 2.8L 4 dr
    Windows Tinted Already

Upcoming Mods:
    1)Custom Dual Exhaust from Midas w/ Chrome tips
    2)Dual Electric Cooling Fans (Spal or Flex-a-lite)
    3) K&N Air Filter System
    4) 16'' Rims
    5) Air ride Suspension
    Coming soon Summer of 2K3

Hu-
    Alpine CDA-7995
    or
    Alpine CDA-9815

Comps- Dunno yet

Comp Amp(s)- Dunno yet

Subs-
    2 12'' Elemental Designs A Series Subs Dual 2 ohm

Sub Amp(s)- Dunno yet

JaJay721 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure what to tell you other than to remind you to keep the tweeter within about a foot of the woofer. The tweeter is nice looking, you may be able to do something nice seperating the woofer and tweeter, although it doesn't sound like you want to.

more_spl is offline only have 1, but it's 12"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yup. Keep it under a foot away, even 6" is what i've heard. You'd also want them TRYING to aim at the drivers head... When people make kicks, a trick is to use the laser pointer to see what angle to go on to reach the headrest..... That's what you'd ideally want

i decided not to have a signature

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good info in the above post, I didn't want to assume the thread starter didn't know how to set up components. Tweeters are not like bass, you can pin point their location and so you need them near a speaker to sound better. ESPECIALLY components. They sound REALLY bad if they are not near each other. They need each other in order for them to sound normal. The closer the better. But if you are doing a custom fit install, I would have a seperate encasement for the tweeter to show them off.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will someone please explain to me, why many SQ champs have their midbass' mounted in the door, and the tweeter in the A piller (top or botttom), or near the top of the door?

The 12" or 6" "rule" does not apply in every application.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Different speakers respond differently and act differently. A coaxial and a tweeter act differently than a component set. The component set needs to compliment each other to produce a clear sound. If you turn off either the mid or the tweeter they will sound like crap (even blown) on their own, but together they sound amazing. If you seperate them too far your ear will not be able to combine both signals giving you two seperate sounds which will not have the same sound quality. Tweeters mounted too far from the coaxial can be wired out of phase which tones them down a bit and will actually raise your SQ level off the meter and sound better in person. However, as a general rule for installing component speakers if you are not running for SQ competitions and during a regular install you would want the tweeter as close as possible.

But to tell a kid who is trying to install a set of components in his Civic and needs to consult a car audio forum that not mounting the tweeter next to the woofer because people win in SQ contests seems a bit harsh. Sometimes knowledge is best left unsaid to prevent causing him from making a mistake.
    Last edited by JaJay721; 05-17-2003 at 06:18 PM.

Closed Thread

User Tag List