Closed Thread

Reload Thread: looking for PG rsd's?

wu501 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looking for PG rsd's?

I've bought from these guys quite a few times and have never had any problems. Get them while you can

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-6-5...QQcmdZViewItem

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: looking for PG rsd's?

thats where 90% of the people have been buying them

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

Flexin'01 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What would be a good amp to match with these? (Please dont say one that puts out 120w rms)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin'01 View Post
    What would be a good amp to match with these? (Please dont say one that puts out 120w rms)
    as much as possible

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310432

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

budahbuddy803 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone want to buy a set and trade me for my cdts?

maloy013 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats where i bought mine too good seller!

hu:alpine iva w200 w/blackbird nav/ pxa h701
    front comps: id oems
    rear: what?
    substage:alpine type r 10s
    amp comp:alpine mrv f545
    amp sub:alpine mrp m650

REFS:PIMPILATION-bought HESSDAWG-bought

wu501 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought they were back-ordered and people were having a hard time getting a set.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they were.... but they are back in stock again now. have been for a week or so i think.

i'm sure people will appreciate the link though.

PS wu501: the 880 you sold me is still kickin! thanks!

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

these handle 120 rms to each side?

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRim23 View Post
    these handle 120 rms to each side?
    will they take a sustained 120 per side or will they be ok on an amp that does 120 rms per side? what are ya asking? two totally different things.

djmadfx is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crap, bought my pair last week on eBay for $100 shipped. I should have waited; especially since I haven't even installed them yet.

REFS:
    Bought From: flakko, Jaredl, FoxPro5

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcguy85 View Post
    will they take a sustained 120 per side or will they be ok on an amp that does 120 rms per side? what are ya asking? two totally different things.
    how are they different? i mean i understand your speakers arent getting exactly the wattage ur amp is rated at all times.

ive got jbl bp300.4 can they handle 120rms per side? amp does 123rms perchannel.

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

tv559 is offline The Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djmadfx View Post
    Crap, bought my pair last week on eBay for $100 shipped. I should have waited; especially since I haven't even installed them yet.
    X10000000 Except I bought 2 pair. Then again $100 shipped still isnt bad.

Refs. Sold to: Superduper,ncpalafox,lmsfootball35,Schicksal,Nuked sodapop,G0NGSHOW,TacoSauce,scooter924,eclipsepb25, RetroAudioinc,smd4life,Stateprop486,Got_Bass89, Anniku989,Ryan1126,altoncustomtech-- Traded with: SteveyHustle--Bought from: MOJOBASS, Xtremebass5,Path2spl,Violentaudio,5.3bowtie, mike75356,matrxx dude, Kovemaster559,acex3a,Sundownz,Grinder1989, revrider1,andrew2944r,hornedfrog1985,tez4life .

Quote Originally Posted by 350zspl View Post
    i got the large on front
    the small in rear

they work for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRim23 View Post
    how are they different? i mean i understand your speakers arent getting exactly the wattage ur amp is rated at all times.

ive got jbl bp300.4 can they handle 120rms per side? amp does 123rms perchannel.
    they are different because music is really dynamic. with a 200 watt amp you'll only get an average of 20 watts if you never ever clip it.

here:

Music is not constant in its peak amplitude. The ratio of average power to peak power is in the order of 10-20dB. (10dB = 10 times power and 20dB = 100 times power). I would imagine that modern rock and roll/rap music the value is closer to 10dB. This means that with typical music the average power when using a 200w/ch amplifier is in the order of 20 watts per channel with the peaks rising to 200 watts. Anything higher than the 20 watt average will most certainly push the amplifier into clipping.

with that said.... i have my rsd's running active with 200 rms on each mid and 100 rms on each tweet. do they handle it, yup! are they magical speakers that can somehow take 5 times rated power, nope.

Closed Thread