Closed Thread

Reload Thread: RSD, RE comps, Premier?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RSD, RE comps, Premier?

Hey guys got rid of my 4runner, had type r comps, and an RE 15sx. I installed the type r comps in the wrx and those guys have poor midbass. Since i will not be running a sub in this car all my bass will come from the speakers.

I have heard plenty about RSD, but how do their midbass compare to REcomps and pioneer premier? I can only install speakers with max of 2 3/4 mounting depth skinny doors...

thanks

dftnz7 is offline ^F o r u m Boner^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: RSD, RE comps, Premier?

My RSDs have good midbass after break-in. Took a couple weeks to fully break in. Cadence CWM6 set has great midbass too IMO, if you want a budget set. The set I installed for a friend last night almost sounded like he had an 8" sub in his truck. Power whatever you get with enough power and install them well and you'll be happy.

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 HO Cummins

880PRS / NINe.5 / Vifa XT25 / Seas CA18RNX / SSA Icon 12"

galacticmonkey is offline Wants a button like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Midbass isnt bass. For the frequencies from 80-90hz down to have any real authority you need a dedicated subwoofer.

Even if its a 6.5" subwoofer, it still needs to be a SUBWOOFER, not a midbass.

UCF52 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Midbass isnt bass. For the frequencies from 80-90hz down to have any real authority you need a dedicated subwoofer.

Even if its a 6.5" subwoofer, it still needs to be a SUBWOOFER, not a midbass.
    x2. You will need a driver capable of reproducing low frequencies (i.e. a subwoofer) - if you want to hear those frequencies.

If your not totally set on a subless system I would look into a set of comps a small 8 or 10 inch sub and a 4 channel to run it all.

BrianChia is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can get full range bass in a car from 6.5" speakers-- they just need to be suitable for playing that low and they need to be put in proper enclosures, just like subwoofers. It is very install and woofer dependent.

dftnz7 is offline ^F o r u m Boner^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He isn't going to have a subwoofer. Midbass is all the bass he is going to get. It sounds to me like he realizes this and understands that he isn't going to have hammering 35hz bass notes in his ride. Since he already said he is not going to have a sub, let's answer him and give his some responses on speakers that will work for him. Not everyone needs a sub to be happy with their system. Some of these comp sets, when installed properly, can provide nice bass output.

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 HO Cummins

880PRS / NINe.5 / Vifa XT25 / Seas CA18RNX / SSA Icon 12"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think we just wanted to make it clear that there is quite a difference between midbass and bass.

popothemailman is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys for replying. I totally realize i wont have anything near what I had in the SUV, however i would like speakers that could pick up some of the slack. The stock bose system in my girls denali sounds like a comp car compared to mine...
    I will be applying edead to the doors as that should make a nice difference. I'm also swaying towards the RE comps, that company knows their bass.

what do you guys think? im just a guy looking for some bump and some hump

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popothemailman View Post
    Thanks guys for replying. I totally realize i wont have anything near what I had in the SUV, however i would like speakers that could pick up some of the slack. The stock bose system in my girls denali sounds like a comp car compared to mine...
    I will be applying edead to the doors as that should make a nice difference. I'm also swaying towards the RE comps, that company knows their bass.

what do you guys think? im just a guy looking for some bump and some hump
    Gotcha, I can only give input on the RSd's - excellent mid bass and great tonality.

Closed Thread