Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Working on door pods, how to aim comps?

Blazin_Jason is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Working on door pods, how to aim comps?

Working on a set of door pods (first fg project) for my first gen s15 jimmy. Speakers are PG octane zr 6.5's. I have a couple options on how to aim the speakers. I'm leaning towards mounting the mid parallel to the panel and not aiming it towards the opposite headrest, but aim the tweeter. Or I could aim the mid towards the headrest, but it would mean that the pod will be at least 2" deeper. Couple of crappy pics to show what I mean.

Parallel to the panel

Aimed

Fast1one is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Working on door pods, how to aim comps?

Throw a towel behind the mid to absorb the back wave and test, test, test. See what works best to avoid a headache in the long run...

Each car is different from the next, just as each speaker will react differently...the tweeters I would try to experiment up in the A-pillars, firing towards each other across the dash...

References: Lax916, AcidicDreams , Altima98 , mr Tibbs, Majette, giantgloworm, mattmcss, riogigalo, mysilver02alty, Woc47, Hintzyboy, oglejust, APitBullT, foreman, jhubbell, tmcilroy, pioneerpimp, Dre_ATL

Plus a ton more I never added, lol. If you are not on the list and you had a pleasant transaction with me, PM me!!!

Closed Thread