Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Image Dynamics CTX Components

dftnz7 is offline ^F o r u m Boner^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Image Dynamics CTX Components

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6201

Has anyone had any experience with these speakers?

I just installed a set of PG RSDs and I like them. But a buddy of mine is going to be getting some components for his new truck and he really likes my RSDs--so since I currently am sporting an ID wood due to the new IDQv3 I just got a week or so ago, I thought maybe I ought to give these CTXs a try and just sell my buddy whichever ones I decide to get rid of. They are pretty cheap and I am sure he would be happy with whatever I don't keep and he will pay me **** near what I got in them. Any thoughts?

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 HO Cummins

880PRS / NINe.5 / Vifa XT25 / Seas CA18RNX / SSA Icon 12"

James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Image Dynamics CTX Components

I would suggest giving them a try, since you already know how the rsds sound like

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My only complaint on the RSDs now that they are broken in is that the vocals are a tad too apparent, and guitar is too subtle for my taste. It is almost like the speaker is trying to substitute one for the other rather than give me both. No amount of playing with the midrange has solved it completely although it is a lot better than it was. The midbass really woke up after a few hours of playtime...not a bad speaker for the money that's for sure. Just would prefer a more mellow midrange that isn't so vocal oriented, if that makes any sense.

king ranch is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dftnz7 View Post
    My only complaint on the RSDs now that they are broken in is that the vocals are a tad too apparent, and guitar is too subtle for my taste. It is almost like the speaker is trying to substitute one for the other rather than give me both. No amount of playing with the midrange has solved it completely although it is a lot better than it was. The midbass really woke up after a few hours of playtime...not a bad speaker for the money that's for sure. Just would prefer a more mellow midrange that isn't so vocal oriented, if that makes any sense.
    so you are saying the mids are more less like highs and dont hit the midbass as good as other speakers and produce more highs than mids

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, they produce decent midbass, but the midRANGE seems to have a tendency towards too much vocals and very little guitar. Even with the tweeters unplugged it is like all you can hear is vocals, and anything except the highest pitched guitar seems to be drowned out.

Closed Thread