Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Reload Thread: Calling all those with Bose experience.

  1. #1
    sue bee's Avatar
    sue bee is offline rock smoker



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    the deathstar
    Posts
    2,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Calling all those with Bose experience.

    I have a Bose system in my 01 Infiniti I30. The sub tends to cut in out periodically. Like, once every 20 minutes for about a minute, on average. This was a little pain in my ***, but since the idiots that installed my stereo spliced the sub wire for a LOC, it's become a huge pain in my ***. I told them to install the PAC adapter I brought, but they didn't for some reason. Now, my newly installed sub cuts in and out along with the Bose sub. Two questions, the second is a bonus.
    1) What is making the Bose sub cut out? Guesses welcome.
    2) Will using the PAC adapter (hooks up to back of OEM Headunit via plug) fix the issue? It should, right?

    Help.



    Quote Originally Posted by yama168 View Post
    The dog can do it in Hawaii because he claims it's a citiziens arrests. And yes I do wish some one would beat their a*** for making us people in Hawaii look so dumb. Lealand isnt so tough when his dad and crew is around seen him @ a bar in Hawaii acting very humble but my bubbys still wanted to fu*k around and call him out to see what he got. He didnt want to fight even after my buddy bumped into him and spilt his drink on lelands girl.
    Bad95gt is a homo, thief.

    Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States




  2. #2
    alexregalgs's Avatar
    alexregalgs is offline FP CUSTOMS Head installer



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Luling, LA
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Buy Other Stereo Equipment



    2006 Mazda Tribute
    HU:Eclipse 7000
    Highs Amp: Eclipse XA4000
    Highs: Alpine 5x7s
    Sub Amp: none(soon to be MB quart 1500D)
    Sub: None(soon to be Team PSI 18)
    Batt: Group 31 120ah

  3. #3
    Worlddre's Avatar
    Worlddre is offline Big Darkie



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    the adapter will likely not help.....you likely have a failing piece of old electronic equipment ...but take a meter to the sub and amplifer and check that signal is being sent during the cut out and check for power ground and remote at the amplifer






    "humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

  4. #4
    filtor1's Avatar
    filtor1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    So wait, your running the Bose sub and an aftermarket? Run the PAC yourself and remove the Bose sub.




  5. #5
    sue bee's Avatar
    sue bee is offline rock smoker

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    the deathstar
    Posts
    2,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by filtor1 View Post
    So wait, your running the Bose sub and an aftermarket? Run the PAC yourself and remove the Bose sub.
    That's the plan.
    But will the PAC fix the cut out issue? It's just the sub that cuts out.



    Quote Originally Posted by yama168 View Post
    The dog can do it in Hawaii because he claims it's a citiziens arrests. And yes I do wish some one would beat their a*** for making us people in Hawaii look so dumb. Lealand isnt so tough when his dad and crew is around seen him @ a bar in Hawaii acting very humble but my bubbys still wanted to fu*k around and call him out to see what he got. He didnt want to fight even after my buddy bumped into him and spilt his drink on lelands girl.
    Bad95gt is a homo, thief.

    Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States

  6. #6
    danz24's Avatar
    danz24 is offline Why so serious?



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by alexregalgs View Post
    Buy Other Stereo Equipment
    ahhaha thats a new one




  7. #7
    Worlddre's Avatar
    Worlddre is offline Big Darkie



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    as stated ....we cannot tell you whether the adapter will fix anything without knowing why the sub is cutting out






    "humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

  8. #8
    mokedaddy's Avatar
    mokedaddy is offline professional idiot



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Siccmade house
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Taking the factory sub out will eliminate the issue.

    The loc is probably struggling with signal to the sub and the aftermarket amp thus causing them to both cut out.



    'a man without enemies, is a man without character'


  9. #9
    sue bee's Avatar
    sue bee is offline rock smoker

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    the deathstar
    Posts
    2,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Worlddre View Post
    the adapter will likely not help.....you likely have a failing piece of old electronic equipment ...but take a meter to the sub and amplifer and check that signal is being sent during the cut out and check for power ground and remote at the amplifer
    If there is no signal being sent, what does that mean? Headunit problem? Why would it not send signal to just the sub and not the speakers?



    Quote Originally Posted by yama168 View Post
    The dog can do it in Hawaii because he claims it's a citiziens arrests. And yes I do wish some one would beat their a*** for making us people in Hawaii look so dumb. Lealand isnt so tough when his dad and crew is around seen him @ a bar in Hawaii acting very humble but my bubbys still wanted to fu*k around and call him out to see what he got. He didnt want to fight even after my buddy bumped into him and spilt his drink on lelands girl.
    Bad95gt is a homo, thief.

    Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States

  10. #10
    mokedaddy's Avatar
    mokedaddy is offline professional idiot



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Siccmade house
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    If there is no signal going from amp to speakers than the factory amp is bad. But that is why he also said test power, remote and ground. If those all check out than again most likely a bad amp. Which is very common in those vehicles.

    Why not take out the factory amp and sub and just try the pac? There is no way of knowing for sure unless you try it.



    'a man without enemies, is a man without character'


  11. #11
    sue bee's Avatar
    sue bee is offline rock smoker

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    the deathstar
    Posts
    2,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by mokedaddy View Post
    If there is no signal going from amp to speakers than the factory amp is bad. But that is why he also said test power, remote and ground. If those all check out than again most likely a bad amp. Which is very common in those vehicles.

    Why not take out the factory amp and sub and just try the pac? There is no way of knowing for sure unless you try it.
    If I take out the factory amp what will power my speakers?



    Quote Originally Posted by yama168 View Post
    The dog can do it in Hawaii because he claims it's a citiziens arrests. And yes I do wish some one would beat their a*** for making us people in Hawaii look so dumb. Lealand isnt so tough when his dad and crew is around seen him @ a bar in Hawaii acting very humble but my bubbys still wanted to fu*k around and call him out to see what he got. He didnt want to fight even after my buddy bumped into him and spilt his drink on lelands girl.
    Bad95gt is a homo, thief.

    Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States

  12. #12
    mokedaddy's Avatar
    mokedaddy is offline professional idiot



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Siccmade house
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by sue bee View Post
    If I take out the factory amp what will power my speakers?
    If its just your sub that is cutting out, chances are it is a separate amp.



    'a man without enemies, is a man without character'


  13. #13
    ngsm13's Avatar
    ngsm13 is offline BSEE



    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    35,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by mokedaddy View Post
    Taking the factory sub out will eliminate the issue.

    The loc is probably struggling with signal to the sub and the aftermarket amp thus causing them to both cut out.
    Unless it's a problem with the stock amplifier...

    But I would also recommend disconnecting the stock woofer...

    nG




    http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

  14. #14
    lostdaytomorrow's Avatar
    lostdaytomorrow is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Loc
    Posts
    1,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Tap into a signal from the rear speakers if they're not getting the low frequencies cut out from them.



    References: Vitveet x2, massiveaudiocw, n00b, darren700, Beerdrnkr, brchd, Mr. C, Raamaudio, h8ter, cman9012, Millertime1028, Teamsubgopoof, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, DB_DRAG_SPL, ls2poweredgoat, RyanM923, Worstenemy453, Connersdad19, pickup1, wgsj_fortvalley, ellocojorge

  15. #15
    mokedaddy's Avatar
    mokedaddy is offline professional idiot



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Siccmade house
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Calling all those with Bose experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngsm13 View Post
    Unless it's a problem with the stock amplifier...

    But I would also recommend disconnecting the stock woofer...

    nG
    yeah if its only one amp for the whole system he may be in need of a lot of things.

    But start with disconnecting the factory sub. Than try the pac module. If neither work you may have a bad channel on the amp.



    'a man without enemies, is a man without character'


Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum