Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Technical Questions on Speakers - Quick Response Needed!

HappyG is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Technical Questions on Speakers - Quick Response Needed!

If speaker A has an operating range from 80Hz to 22KHz...

and speaker B has an operating range from 100Hz to 22KHz...

Both speakers are for midbass and the only other difference is the material with which the speakers are constructed with.

In real world, layman's terms, how much of a difference is that as far as sound performance is concerned? Is it worth a significant jump in dollar amount when purchasing a speaker set? Thanks fellas!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Technical Questions on Speakers - Quick Response Needed!

im assuming theyre coaxials..

and there are a lot of factors that determine a speakers quality and frequency response.. midbass goes down to about 70hz, and unless you're running active it probably wont matter which speakers you have..

what are they anyways

REF's
    Quote Originally Posted by cotjones View Post
    to answer someones question earlier.... after 194dBs your car no longer puts out sound, it puts out earthquakes

Current Setup:
    Nakamichi CD-300, Coustic XM-3, Clarion EQS746, Coustic 510-DR, RE RE 6.5" Comps, Powerbass XA-900D, TCON Custom Subwoofer, Ported 1.5 to 30Hz

Future Setup:
    In the works again

WTB: Best Joke - Thread

grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

depends on your set up. and the speakerswont really sound good at 80hz without proper deading....but if your not running a sub, then yea i would say get speaker A

Bought/trade: TheLow, Nova76, nate2587, Black3SQ, hessdawg, Rockmo, kovemaster559, GearGuy2001, Bones22, dbman150, notoriousroc1, fasfocus00, canyouhearmatt, pelekeliko, Plyer3, justadork2u, sundownz,kasimo420, Zeuslicious, reynardmc22, Haunz, ciaonzo x2, 350Regal x2, Worstenemy453, woofercooker x2, annarbor84, 99Bonney, K_Schutte + MORE

Sold to: illbmeubu, MTXman, sctattooer, MTX520, AlexJB, dropped mazda, annarbor84
    Nova76 Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    Lmao i texted him to tell him bout a thread and he said, cant lulz, im at a tity bar. You ********* lulz.

HappyG is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They're a set of components I'm thining of purchasing from AVI...

The price jump is a few hundred dollars, so I was wondering if it'd be worth the extra money for speaker A vs. speaker B...they both take the same power as well, which makes me more confused.

Do those specs just mean that more of a sound range would be producted accurately?

HappyG is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And yes, my doors have SS applied to them extensively if that makes a huge difference...thanks guys.

Also, this is my first upgrade to my system minus my headunit so I want to make sure I get a nice front soundstage to complement my future sub upgrade.

grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Id say get speaker set b if its really that much of a diffrence and run a 10" sub or something. thats just my opinion though.

Bought/trade: TheLow, Nova76, nate2587, Black3SQ, hessdawg, Rockmo, kovemaster559, GearGuy2001, Bones22, dbman150, notoriousroc1, fasfocus00, canyouhearmatt, pelekeliko, Plyer3, justadork2u, sundownz,kasimo420, Zeuslicious, reynardmc22, Haunz, ciaonzo x2, 350Regal x2, Worstenemy453, woofercooker x2, annarbor84, 99Bonney, K_Schutte + MORE

Sold to: illbmeubu, MTXman, sctattooer, MTX520, AlexJB, dropped mazda, annarbor84
    Nova76 Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    Lmao i texted him to tell him bout a thread and he said, cant lulz, im at a tity bar. You ********* lulz.

HappyG is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

The price difference is close to $300, so I'm a little hesitant on spending that much more for what seems to be a little bit more sound, but again, wanted to make sure I do it right the first time as opposed to re-doing my front soundstage later on.

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

rated frequency response is VERY overrated. Unless we know how the measuremnts were taken it means nothing. Tell us what speakers your dealing with and then it'll be alot easier to help you decide. Remember, there are AB subwoofers rated from like 5hz to 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

post links to the speakers. The frequency response spec is largely useless. Now, if we can see the sets, we can tell you which one we think is of higher quality. With that big of a difference in price, there has to be more of a difference than cone material and 20Hz worth of frequency response

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

HappyG is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://avisound.com/

Direct FRM 6.5 inch components.

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyG View Post
    http://avisound.com/

Direct FRM 6.5 inch components.
    which set are you comparing that to?

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Closed Thread