Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2nd time around-help me pick the right stuff!!

John Pionke is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2nd time around-help me pick the right stuff!!

Hello, I am new to the forum as a member, but I have been reading info on here for a while now. I used the "how to" to get my gain on both my amps. I was hoping to get some opinions on how to setup my stereo on my 300zx. I am interested in SQ, and when you see the two subs I have, know that I only bought two to keep the cars weight balaced and the extra weight is good for traction in my car. So I don't have two subs for earth pounding bass, as I mainly listen to rock, both current and classic.

I have the bose equipped Z32 which is good in one aspect, that the enclosures I will be modifiying are ideal for the size speakers I will be buying. You can see what they look like here: http://webpages.charter.net/dm1/zmaxsystems/zmax3.htm

I am replacing some Sony XPLOD 4-way speakers my in-laws bought me for Christmas two years ago. I was running them till I could afford new speakers and head a reason to take my PITA door panel off again (which I did since I am installing keyless entry as well).

The parts of my stereo I am keeping are: Sony CDX-GT705DX HU, 2x Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 subs in sealed boxes with a Alpine MRD-M605 running them, and I have an Alpine MRV-F345 (75wx4) to run the speakers (it can't be bridged to run 150x2).

I need 4" speakers in the front, and 6.5" or 6.75" in the rear (if I choose to run a rear fill).

I don't really want to spend more than $300.00, but would like to spend less than $200 if at all possible (which I can do with a couple of options or leaving out a rear fill).

Here is what I am looking at so far (with optional rear fill in blue):

MB Quart RVF210 @ 128.00
    MB Quart EKA116 @ 58.00

Rockford Fosgate Fanatic FNQ3414 @ 159.00
    Rockford Fosgate T162C @ 89.00

Diamond Audio S400 @ 189.00
    Diamond Audio M361T @ 119.00

Diamond Audio M641 @ 189.00
    Diamond Audio M351T @ 119.00

Oz Audio Matrix Elite 100 CS @ 249.00
    Oz Audio V650x3 @ 79.00

You can sell all the component sets here: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...e=4&RowIndex=1

Rockford Fosgate Fanatic FNQ3146 @ 369.00 (this is a three-way setup where I would run the 6.75" in the rear, and the 4" and 1" tweeter up front, but I think that separating the speakers like this messes up imaging correct)

I was also wondering which aspect of a tweeter was more important, a direct line to the listener's ear, or being equidistant from the listener as the midrange speaker is? I can mount the tweeter on the bose box like in the linked sites pictures, but then it won't be aimed directly at my ear. I can also custom flush mount it on the door panel and aim it right at my ear, but the speakers will be at different locations (and if I do this, can I adjust by lowering the db on the crossover by 3 on the tweeter).

I do not have room for kickpanels, but my HU does have time alignment.

Thanks for any help, and if you can suggest any other brands under $300 as a winner, you can let me know that too. Just realize that I don't want to modify the bose boxes, not because I can't, but because they are already tuned for that size speaker.
    Last edited by John Pionke; 02-17-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Closed Thread

User Tag List