Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Suggestions for next setup...

Mr T is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suggestions for next setup...

I haven't had anything in my car for a while, so I am looking to to do something VERY simple for the 4th gen Nissan maxima. Of course simple shouldn't promote bad sound, so I am looking for suggestions from experienced gurus...

This time I am going to run dedicated midbass, just not sure how to attack everything else. I thought about running a simple full range driver from ~300 and up for simplicity...

I have been toying with full range (wide range) drivers at home for a while now and I love the sound. I want to carry that trend to the car. I don't want any(or limited) passive components, I only have four channels of amplification, a limited budget, and for the time being no external processing other than a simple crossover before the amp...at the most I would just crossover a tweet up high (5-10k) with a cap...

This is basically what I would want to achieve http://theautophile.com/products/GenesisNavFrame.html Click on series 3 then Studio 16

Except active of course.

So what do you think guys? I really don't like the idea of running the mid-tweet in the kicks, so i am honestly stumped as to what I want to do, has anyone tried midranges in the A-pillars? I know its generally a bad idea, bu maybe some dash and lower windshield treatment may cure some of the reflections...
    Last edited by Mr T; 02-02-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Trey803 is offline GAMECOCKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Suggestions for next setup...

get a sinlge 8"or 10" with 300-500rms sealed or ported depending on the sub. Nice set of components and a decent head unit. Also dont forget you will need two amps one for the sub and either a 2 or 4 channel for the components......look for around 100-150 wattsx2 or x4 for your comp. amp

HU: DEH-80PRS
    Doors Deadened
    Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265
    Front Stage Amp: Image Dynamics i2600
    Sub: Dayton RSS210HF-4 8"
    Sub Amp: Image Dynamics i2300
    Wire: Knu

Trey803 is offline GAMECOCKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if your doin a dedicted midbass do a three way set-up. If you want to go active with a 3-way setup you will need 6 channels of amplification just for your midbass midrange and tweets

HU: DEH-80PRS
    Doors Deadened
    Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265
    Front Stage Amp: Image Dynamics i2600
    Sub: Dayton RSS210HF-4 8"
    Sub Amp: Image Dynamics i2300
    Wire: Knu

Mr T is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trey803 View Post
    get a sinlge 8"or 10" with 300-500rms sealed or ported depending on the sub. Nice set of components and a decent head unit. Also dont forget you will need two amps one for the sub and either a 2 or 4 channel for the components......look for around 100-150 wattsx2 or x4 for your comp. amp
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey803 View Post
    if your doin a dedicted midbass do a three way set-up. If you want to go active with a 3-way setup you will need 6 channels of amplification just for your midbass midrange and tweets
    Ummm, did you read my post? I am not going with the traditional 2/3 way setups, I am not a beginner here despite my post count...

Ran components, boring with passive crossovers, did 2 way active, couldn't get my sound stage off the ground without external processing...Edit: Mids were in doors btw, and I want to continue that trend with the midbass...

So now I am looking to do something people haven't really done before. A single wide range 3-4 speaker ran from 300-20k, and the midbass for the rest...just like the ink I posted...What I need is suggestions for the wide range speaker placement...I may have to resort to the kicks, off axis as far and low as possible, and tweeter on axis in the A-pillars crossed with a simple cap....

lostdaytomorrow is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your best bet is asking on DIYMA.

References: Vitveet x2, massiveaudiocw, n00b, darren700, Beerdrnkr, brchd, Mr. C, Raamaudio, h8ter, cman9012, Millertime1028, Teamsubgopoof, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, DB_DRAG_SPL, ls2poweredgoat, RyanM923, Worstenemy453, Connersdad19, pickup1, wgsj_fortvalley, ellocojorge

Mr T is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostdaytomorrow View Post
    Your best bet is asking on DIYMA.
    I have, no replies yet, also at maxima.org, but again no worth while replies...

Mostly people like the above with reading comprehension issues....just to reiterate, I am not going 2 way active in the traditional sense, and I don't have the budget for a true 3 way active setup...

Closed Thread