Closed Thread

Reload Thread: tweeter position

mikeyq926 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tweeter position

hey guys. let me introduce myself. my name is mike. i've been looking at this forum for about 5 months now and have finally decided to join the fun!

ok so here's my question. i have a 95 camry coupe. i have a set of RSD65cs where the tweeters are at the sail panel. how much of a difference in sound does it make if i moved it to the kicks? right now i have a lot of imaging issues where i hear upper frequencies more to the right which i fix with the balance on my HU. will repositioning to kickpanel fix this issue? thanks

jrwalte is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: tweeter position

I'm no expert, but I've been reading you typically want to place your tweeters as close to your mid as possible, so the kick panel is a good location. When they're too far apart you will have more phasing issues. Each car is different on where the best place is. The best thing to do is take some double sided tape and move the tweeters around until you find the best spot you can mount them at. Then try different mounting angles to get the best SQ at that position.

Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

^ yea that ..

-------------- ---------------
    References : lostdaytomorro ,wu501(x3), rednas, gladiator_jai , duece212, Kumquatism, dub22, kovemaster559, mpt947, kramers04 , Phlipbak, Bassbumper15, 1mtx1(x2), kylecanthurdle, DDbump, 88irocZ , Litunerkid, teen, cvjp417, micheallane, jonny101abc, SlappnCentury, brucebruce1546, audioqueboy

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kicks.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

mikeyq926 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok so i went ahead and put the tweets on the kicks and wow what a night and day difference it is in SQ! now only left for me to do is to deaden and amp them. though they sound pretty good off the HU it doesnt have much midbass to it. i wish i had money...

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

glad it worked out for ya. now deaden those doors and get some power to them!

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

Closed Thread