Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Focal 165V3e

johnrowdy is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Focal 165V3e????????? Anybody?

I have listened to these on a wall and they sound good, i know they will sound different in a car set up and was looking for someone who might have had some experience with them in the "real world" that might have a comment on their performance. I am currently running focal 690ca1's in the front door and 165ca1's in the rear door powered by an eclipse ea4000 with some tweet's powered off the head unit. I was thinking about going with the Focal 165V3e and ditching the rear door speakers and bridging the amp? any suggestions would be appreciated... Also running a JL500/1 on 2 JL10w3V2's..and have sound deadened all the doors and floor...

Any Ideas much appreciated!
    Last edited by johnrowdy; 01-24-2008 at 09:12 AM.

lostdaytomorrow is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Focal 165V3e

I agree with ditching the rears and bridging the amp. I have no experience with Focal though, sorry.

References: Vitveet x2, massiveaudiocw, n00b, darren700, Beerdrnkr, brchd, Mr. C, Raamaudio, h8ter, cman9012, Millertime1028, Teamsubgopoof, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, DB_DRAG_SPL, ls2poweredgoat, RyanM923, Worstenemy453, Connersdad19, pickup1, wgsj_fortvalley, ellocojorge

johnrowdy is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the input lostday, I thought Focal was pretty well known? I am surprised nobody has any experience with these???

99StangGt is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I havent used that set of focals but I have used the 165kp and looks to be the same tweeter. It was a good setup but the tweeters can be a little harsh for me. Takes some work to get the tweeters setup but once done it sounds good.

Closed Thread