Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Help with speakers formy application.

grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need Help with speakers formy application.

Hello, I plan on runing a Fi BTL 18" and need help desiding on a pair of 6.5" Components. I know it has been said numerious times, loud and sound quality do not belong in the same sentence but oh' well. I need a set of components that can play with a Fi btl, and still sound good doing it. I have heard of Zapco making nice speakers, but I have not heard any first hand. My only requirements basily are silk tweeters, from there I would really like to hear anyone's advice on there speakers THAT THEY OWN. Please do not say "Well this one time I heard about a set of focals online that were just amazing". Im not affraid to spend money, I know you cant pay $100 for a set of speakers and expect big wounders but I also belive $700 for a set of components is rediculous(Anyone else agree?). Im looking for a set of 6.5" in the $300 to $400 range with silk tweeters.

WhoSayWho? is offline Preston Caught a Predator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Help with speakers formy application.

Quote Originally Posted by grimreper912003 View Post
    Hello, I plan on runing a Fi BTL 18" and need help desiding on a pair of 6.5" Components. I know it has been said numerious times, loud and sound quality do not belong in the same sentence but oh' well. I need a set of components that can play with a Fi btl, and still sound good doing it. I have heard of Zapco making nice speakers, but I have not heard any first hand. My only requirements basily are silk tweeters, from there I would really like to hear anyone's advice on there speakers THAT THEY OWN. Please do not say "Well this one time I heard about a set of focals online that were just amazing". Im not affraid to spend money, I know you cant pay $100 for a set of speakers and expect big wounders but I also belive $700 for a set of components is rediculous(Anyone else agree?). Im looking for a set of 6.5" in the $300 to $400 range with silk tweeters.
    actually, I think most of us have it completely backwards. We spend too much on the subs and not enough on the front speakers. Anyway, Boston pro's can get pretty dam loud given enough juice. Throw that set in your list to consider.

grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Help with speakers formy application.

Im nota huge fan of the 3 ohm impediance thought. has anyone listen to soundstream before? I want to hear some in person but I cant find a retailer near Madison WI, nor can I find one for Zapco witch I hear soo much about.

Closed Thread