Closed Thread

Reload Thread: PG RSD tweeter

headbussaboi is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PG RSD tweeter

The crossover has a +2db switch on it right? I want to know, especially from those of you who already own the speakers, how bright is tweeter in the 0db position, and would you prefer to use the 0db or +2db position on the xover?

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: PG RSD tweeter

they are not bright or harsh. i have mine pretty much on axis, well as close to on axis as i can tell. obviously putting them on axis would make then seem louder, especially up top. i have mine on the 0db setting. one thing i am curious about is what crossover point they use. i think the rsd tweeters sound very nice. i listen to rock and metal which is hard to get to sound loud but not harsh.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcguy85 View Post
    they are not bright or harsh. i have mine pretty much on axis, well as close to on axis as i can tell. obviously putting them on axis would make then seem louder, especially up top. i have mine on the 0db setting. one thing i am curious about is what crossover point they use. i think the rsd tweeters sound very nice. i listen to rock and metal which is hard to get to sound loud but not harsh.
    i wouldn't exactly consider you tweets ON axis, according to your pics.

OP: best way to find out is to try all the alternatives to see which sounds best for your tastes.

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they are on axis now. from those angles in those pics and the way i had them angled before they were not on axis. now they are pretty much on axis. i'll try to take a pic from an angle that really shows it. but if i use a laser pointer to see where they are pointing they both end up aiming at my headrest.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

Closed Thread