Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: down to two choices...

Quote Originally Posted by DejaWiz View Post
    Don't patronize me about not knowing what real audiophile grade equipment is. You know nothing about me. But here's a little tidbit: For me, the "right gear" is not running rear fill. I don't need to.

Seems all you've done since you've joined is try and push your products on everyone.
    depersperate I sell about $8000 in product a week part time
    when I offer advice to people about the products I have its cause I beleive in them not cause im hawking them.
    they can take it or leave it there is such a thing as free will when ask for help I get one answer if im luky this place just seems to snub anyone who works in the trade of sales in car audio and before you say "we dont we just dont like people trying to sell all the time)
    most everyone on here knows the quality of steg
    so I dont need to sell it m8 it sells itself I just offer a different avenue than the same old sh$t that everyone else hawks under the guise of info I mean isnt it better to have lots of ppl with excellent gear than only a few with it or is that how you like it being mr superior.
    Get a life dude
    and stop bagging me for trying to help people with good products just cause you cant afford to have them
    Audio Master
    Last edited by Audio Master; 10-18-2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason: needed to rant some more

Hu: Pioneer P90RS
    Fronts: AD600r splits x2 sets
    Rears: AD6cx 6.5coax
    Subs: 2X12" Xmplar M subs
    Front Amp: Xmplar digital 150x4
    Rears Amp: Xmplar digital 150x4
    Sub Amp: Xmplar linkable Monoblock X5000.1
    big as box for subs
    xmplar wireing all the way through
    og and 4g aswell as a few runs of 8g
    Bat: 1 x starter and 2xoptima D31YT

REFS: ionSQL, AUDIBAHNUSER18, FI car audio, Q&A/Pierce audio products

Audio Master is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ohh and anotherthingh i did sugest he try secondhand gear as a shot term so he didnt have to pay as much most of the thoughts on here are just that thoughts and opinions ive yet to see more than a few ppl who actually back up there comments with statistics

Hu: Pioneer P90RS
    Fronts: AD600r splits x2 sets
    Rears: AD6cx 6.5coax
    Subs: 2X12" Xmplar M subs
    Front Amp: Xmplar digital 150x4
    Rears Amp: Xmplar digital 150x4
    Sub Amp: Xmplar linkable Monoblock X5000.1
    big as box for subs
    xmplar wireing all the way through
    og and 4g aswell as a few runs of 8g
    Bat: 1 x starter and 2xoptima D31YT

REFS: ionSQL, AUDIBAHNUSER18, FI car audio, Q&A/Pierce audio products

OmegaBunny is offline Moderator

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    450 Post(s)

Before I buy I'm going to check everything out as best I can. I appreciate the info and help provided by everyone. I live in an area where my selection is limited, so I am pretty much buying blind. Not really a position I want to be in, but its either that or stick with my stock gear. This goes for all brands; Boston, PG, Steg, Pioneer, etc...

UCF52 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I was you I would go with something like this;

PG RSd65cs
    ~ $90
    Pioneer Rev 6.5 ~ 90
    Kicker KX450.2 ~ $180
    or
    Profile AP1200 ~ $130

That puts you well under your budget. This will leave you with plenty of extra cash for sound deadener, wiring, etc.

Also, you could go with a stronger/higher quality amp if you have the cash; possibly an Alpine PDX 150.2 or something along those lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Master View Post
    depersperate I sell about $8000 in product a week part time
    when I offer advice to people about the products I have its cause I beleive in them not cause im hawking them.
    they can take it or leave it there is such a thing as free will when ask for help I get one answer if im luky this place just seems to snub anyone who works in the trade of sales in car audio and before you say "we dont we just dont like people trying to sell all the time)
    most everyone on here knows the quality of steg
    so I dont need to sell it m8 it sells itself I just offer a different avenue than the same old sh$t that everyone else hawks under the guise of info I mean isnt it better to have lots of ppl with excellent gear than only a few with it or is that how you like it being mr superior.
    Get a life dude
    and stop bagging me for trying to help people with good products just cause you cant afford to have them
    Audio Master
    I only said you seemed desperate. And I don't think anybody here really cares what your weekly sales are. I'm not trying to "bag" you, I was just stating that for the OP and others that are following the thread, it can get annoying to keep having to read your posts about you pushing your products.

I'm all for you offering advice and help as I'm sure the OP an others are, and I'm not suggesting you stop altogether, but try and leave the "salesman" in you out when replying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ohh and anotherthingh i did sugest he try secondhand gear as a shot term so he didnt have to pay as much most of the thoughts on here are just that thoughts and opinions ive yet to see more than a few ppl who actually back up there comments with statistics
    I believe that's what the OP asked for... thoughts and opinions

He has no access to listen to some of the suggested products first hand, so all he is going from is the thoughts and opinions of the said products.

DejaWiz is offline Speaker Bee-otch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1. when I offer advice to people about the products I have its cause I beleive in them not cause im hawking them.

2. most everyone on here knows the quality of steg so I dont need to sell it m8 it sells itself

3. I just offer a different avenue than the same old sh$t that everyone else hawks under the guise of info I mean isnt it better to have lots of ppl with excellent gear than only a few with it or is that how you like it being mr superior.

4. Get a life dude and stop bagging me for trying to help people with good products just cause you cant afford to have them
    1. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But there are some things you should keep in mind when giving advice....

2. Yes, we certainly do know all about Steg. So what? They make good, solid amps. Just like a bunch of other companies out there. Fortunately, a lot of the other good, solid amplifiers that carry a much lighter price tag, so they are easier to recommend.....

3. Define what makes gear "excellent gear". This is purely subjective. You and I could run around saying that Steg is the greatest amp company and they make the greatest amps, but we will encounter those that will disagree with us. So no, I don't really care if there's a lot of people out there with the top of the line excellent gear or merely just a handful of them. It doesn't hurt or hinder me in any way.

I'm not about to recommend the flea-market grade crap to anyone; I never have and never will. I try to recommend good products that fit into whatever budget there is to work with. I think that's offering better service that telling everyone they need to get a life and just get the most expensive **** out there.

4. Why are you assuming that, because we am recommending more budget conscious gear, we can't afford elite gear? And what the hell does that have to do with any of this anyway? Why don't you revert back to post #1 of this thread and check what budget the OP has to work with. Now figure out if your elite gear recommendations fits that budget. Mmmm, nope.

You can badmouth us all you want, I don't care... this is ca.com, so it's really nothing we haven't read or encountered before. Please just be aware of how your conduct reflects on your character as a businessman to everyone that read the threads you involve yourself in.

2010 Kia Forte SX
    2009 Kia Borrego EX 4x4

Setting Amp Gains:
    http://s13.zetaboards.com/Den_of_Dragons/topic/508709/1/

References
    Bought from: jacobcopeland87, 95bat, alxmlr789, na_rsx

genxx is offline Team JL Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very well said Dejawiz.

Audio Master-90% of the guys that come on here are not looking to spend $2500-$3000. Just because you spend more money does not mean its the best out there. You can get some great stuff in the market now for a reasonable price.

For $1000-$1200 you can put together a **** nice system even going active with really good equipment.

Alpine 9887 $350.00, PG RSd $95.00, PG RSd 12" $130.00, Cadence TXA-3004 $129.00/TXA-1000D $199.00. Total $903.00--- See how that works. This will make most people plenty happy.

There is nothing wrong with selling stuff. You just keep pushing to hard. Stay within the OP budget in threads and make your recommendations. Then give some higher priced suggestions if you want and leave it at that unless you are addressed or want to make a comment about something listed.

You will have much better luck. Do a search and read some threads with 6spdcoupe, 3.5maxspd or premieraudio. They are all dealers and do great on here and they sell high-end stuff all the time like Rainbow, Dyn, Audison ect. Its about your attitude and how you are trying to help. You are only hurting yourself continuing on like you are.IMO

2009 USACi Basic Consumer World Champion, '09 IASCA INAC 2nd Place, 2010 MECA Finals MODEX 4th, '10 OK MODEX State Champion--Addicted to Sound Quality
    '06 F250: JL-Zapco-Pioneer
    '08 Focus-Kenwood-Zapco-ID-Hertz
    Team JL Audio, Team RAAMmat, Team Advantage Audio, Team MSE, Team Zapco

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genxx View Post
    Very well said Dejawiz.

Audio Master-90% of the guys that come on here are not looking to spend $2500-$3000. Just because you spend more money does not mean its the best out there. You can get some great stuff in the market now for a reasonable price.

For $1000-$1200 you can put together a **** nice system even going active with really good equipment.

Alpine 9887 $350.00, PG RSd $95.00, PG RSd 12" $130.00, Cadence TXA-3004 $129.00/TXA-1000D $199.00. Total $903.00--- See how that works. This will make most people plenty happy.

There is nothing wrong with selling stuff. You just keep pushing to hard. Stay within the OP budget in threads and make your recommendations. Then give some higher priced suggestions if you want and leave it at that unless you are addressed or want to make a comment about something listed.

You will have much better luck. Do a search and read some threads with 6spdcoupe, 3.5maxspd or premieraudio. They are all dealers and do great on here and they sell high-end stuff all the time like Rainbow, Dyn, Audison ect. Its about your attitude and how you are trying to help. You are only hurting yourself continuing on like you are.IMO
    good post

tbasile1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

/thread

LOL

Don't Mess With The Wiz!

REFS:

sold to "Benilson09"

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i still vote RSD's all the way!

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

OmegaBunny is offline Moderator

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    450 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for all your help! I believe that I am going to go with the RSD's. They can handle 150w per side right, even though they say 60w? And I believe that I will grab a pair of REV's for the rear and run off the HU. Along with sealing and deadening atleast the front doors.

Sorry Audio Master, maybe once I am finished with school and I have some more money, I can look at some higher end equipment. I would love to have a top of the line system, but first I have to get my priorities in order, such as buying a house and paying off school loans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaBunny View Post
    Thanks everyone for all your help! I believe that I am going to go with the RSD's. They can handle 150w per side right, even though they say 60w? Along with sealing and deadening atleast the front doors.
    well my amp is capable of 205watts rms at 4ohms per side. i set the gain with a -3db 1khz tone to 150 watts per side.

here are some numbers for ya.... 150 watts at 4 ohms is roughly 24.5 volts, i had my system at a pretty loud volume(pretty much the loudest i would try to listen to it at) and the voltage was jumping around only in the mid to high teens. for example 15 volts at 4 ohms is only around 60 watts. so i don't think my set will ever see over 100 watts rms per side. will they take a continuous 150 watts over a long period of time..... i kind of doubt it. what i'm trying to say is sure, get a nice big amp and set the gains conservatively and you will be fine.

they will likely never see the 150 watts if thats how big of an amp you plan on getting.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcguy85 View Post
    well my amp is capable of 205watts rms at 4ohms per side. i set the gain with a -3db 1khz tone to 150 watts per side.

here are some numbers for ya.... 150 watts at 4 ohms is roughly 24.5 volts, i had my system at a pretty loud volume(pretty much the loudest i would try to listen to it at) and the voltage was jumping around only in the mid to high teens. for example 15 volts at 4 ohms is only around 60 watts. so i don't think my set will ever see over 100 watts rms per side. will they take a continuous 150 watts over a long period of time..... i kind of doubt it. what i'm trying to say is sure, get a nice big amp and set the gains conservatively and you will be fine.

they will likely never see the 150 watts if thats how big of an amp you plan on getting.
    x2, but if you can send them 150+ per side

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UCF52 View Post
    x2, but if you can send them 150+ per side
    yes get an amp that does 150x2 at 4ohms. but what i'm trying to say is that i doubt you will need to turn the volume knob enough to even get the amp to give them near that much power. idk if they are just really efficient or what but mine seem to get plenty loud off of what math is telling me is far under 100 ACTUAL watts.

headroom is a great thing to have to protect the speakers from an amp clipping though. that is why i (and maybe the other people) have suggested going with a nice powerful amp.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Tag List