Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kick panel pod vs. door

I have my hertz hsk165 (just the woofer) in my door right now, it is pretty well deadened.

I was thinking of making some fiberglass kick panel pods (a little less than .5 cf) for my 6.5 mids.

Can anyone tell me if the midbass is gonna overall be louder, have more of a kick to it.. and whatever else i would gain from the kick panel enclosure..

Also, how would the staging be? any better than my doors?

Bought: Tweet02 (x2), bjfish11, pboulos(x3), baseballer1100, ibanender, Duece212, gitusum, jmanjr, Dalucifer, KPR10is, Megalomaniac, oxsign, jmanpc, hoss, 2002xlt, mobeious
    Sold: Mike dressure, Dejawiz, Lax916, Calikid, 88irocZ, lammy, Oxsign, Jblanford, JohnnyBASS, Rocky 59, Megalomaniac, tRdoc, 350_regal, oxsign, sundownz, dont smoke crack, Good*bad*Ugly*, ryanroma, 96TL, VQ35max, Deuce212, darkist240sx, Jhughes, SPY, Gongos, 04silverz, SirJoseph8989, Theothermike (x2), sgdenny, mgbcs, uncfanforlife07, NMBR1SPT, Nukeitall (x2), glasjaw, NeedDirections
    Traded: Rtilaree, mike dressure, megalomaniac, wheeler

Feedback thread = http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224101

civicman07 is offline Bumpin on a Budget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kick panel pod vs. door

good question? I also thought about moving my 6 1/2 diamond comps to kicks instead of my doors.

Gary S is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Okay, here is the deal... in almost all vehicles, kick panels will give you better imaging and soundstage.

However, when you put speakers in your doors, you have an enclosure with plenty of air space, and the metal is fairly rigid.

IF you can get a sealed kick enclosure with enough air space, and IF the mount is rigid, you can get great midbass and better overall sound from the kick panel location. But if it's flimsy thin fiberglass/or not sealed, or the enclosure is too small, you won't have midbass.

For Sale

Kicker C15C-4 Competition 15" 4-ohm subwoofer, new in box, old stock

Soundstream Reference 405 5-channel amplifier

(2) Parts Express DVC12 12 inch subwoofers

Send a private message to me for more details on these products.

alxmlr789 is offline 6>5

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
    Okay, here is the deal... in almost all vehicles, kick panels will give you better imaging and soundstage.

However, when you put speakers in your doors, you have an enclosure with plenty of air space, and the metal is fairly rigid.

IF you can get a sealed kick enclosure with enough air space, and IF the mount is rigid, you can get great midbass and better overall sound from the kick panel location. But if it's flimsy thin fiberglass/or not sealed, or the enclosure is too small, you won't have midbass.

They will be sealed enclosures mounted into the carpet (with a sealed back)

Bought: Tweet02 (x2), bjfish11, pboulos(x3), baseballer1100, ibanender, Duece212, gitusum, jmanjr, Dalucifer, KPR10is, Megalomaniac, oxsign, jmanpc, hoss, 2002xlt, mobeious
    Sold: Mike dressure, Dejawiz, Lax916, Calikid, 88irocZ, lammy, Oxsign, Jblanford, JohnnyBASS, Rocky 59, Megalomaniac, tRdoc, 350_regal, oxsign, sundownz, dont smoke crack, Good*bad*Ugly*, ryanroma, 96TL, VQ35max, Deuce212, darkist240sx, Jhughes, SPY, Gongos, 04silverz, SirJoseph8989, Theothermike (x2), sgdenny, mgbcs, uncfanforlife07, NMBR1SPT, Nukeitall (x2), glasjaw, NeedDirections

spudracer326 is offline has a bastard system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

spudracer326 is offline has a bastard system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hardhitta47 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the kicks would be better for a driver that performs better on-axis, plus it could eliminate door rattles, and allow you to fit a deeper driver than you could in your doors. If you do go with sealed kicks, try stuffing them with polyfill.

Sold to: wackdogg | confusedsoul | got_focus? | 04|5spdcivic |billabongcr | Zxcvtypo | BigEM | ElBandito
    Bought from: UndercoverPunk | Se7en (diyma) |alphakenny1 |IonSQL |cd6551 | QtrHorse |PowerNaudio | Duece212 | ace_800 | Logikalliquid | 9512ds | altima98 | MiniVanMan

alxmlr789 is offline 6>5

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its amazing how many rattles i have in my lock controls/window controls.. the buzzing. lol

req
    req is offline am a mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i am currently relocating a freinds midbass into his kicks for that exact reason. first we are trying like .2 cubes sealed (estimate) and if thats an issue we will vent the pod into the carpet for a quazi aperiodic type IB sorta way like that dude in the article said.

eaither way, im sure it will be better not to have those **** rattles from them locking mechinsims. that is really really annoying.

Gary S is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by req View Post
    i am currently relocating a freinds midbass into his kicks for that exact reason. first we are trying like .2 cubes sealed (estimate) and if thats an issue we will vent the pod into the carpet for a quazi aperiodic type IB sorta way like that dude in the article said.

eaither way, im sure it will be better not to have those **** rattles from them locking mechinsims. that is really really annoying.

- That's the way to do it... I think you need at least .2 cubic feet sealed. I would leave them sealed, but line all walls of the enclosure with one-inch foam rubber.

I've been making angle adapters and going right into the kick panel on some of the full-sized american cars.

For Sale

Kicker C15C-4 Competition 15" 4-ohm subwoofer, new in box, old stock

Soundstream Reference 405 5-channel amplifier

(2) Parts Express DVC12 12 inch subwoofers

Send a private message to me for more details on these products.

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did pods to keep the factory speakers in place, and not messed with. so when I get rid of the car, I just pull the pods out. and everything is stock.

and with positioning and testing, they turned out really great. and they look great.

alxmlr789 is offline 6>5

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my parking break is right freakin in the way of where my pod would go, i messed around with positioning today, and with the E-break engaged, it would hit the speaker.

alxmlr789 is offline 6>5

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    you live in florida. you don't need an e brake

*as my boat pulls my truck down the ramp and into the water*

lol.

hemi=22s is offline I Pop Bottles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alxmlr789 View Post
    *as my boat pulls my truck down the ramp and into the water*

lol.
    this is true but the biggest hills we got here are interstate bridges besides the boat issue

FEEDBACK IN LINKS BELOW TOO BIG FOR SIG

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323932

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...28#post4856428
    sold: goose, krisfnbz, dubb designs, 2000gator(x2), oxsign, aesoj, viveet(X2),
    mike437,flossinon24s,mxracer591,riffyb, bsean63(x2),nycking23,bryce-man,fastimes(x2),
    boltpride, r-sosa,fusion_freak,siacarman,kcdc30
    prodgod, toasted1,newageking,nmbr1spt,projectnutz(P),DeViOu SoNe,
    traded with: davet, teddyunited, rockmo, spikee, rdaudioman1256, SPY

Closed Thread

User Tag List