View Poll Results: 6x9's or comps

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • 6x9's

3 50.00%
  • Comps

3 50.00%
Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Poll: Good 6x9's or Comps?

Grinder1989 is offline Sundown Audio Dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Poll: Good 6x9's or Comps?

I was told today that comps in kick panels is basically a waste of money due to the fact that I won't have the airspace for good midbass. So I was thinking about hte Memphis 6x9's with the external crossovers for my rear speakers. What do you guys think I should do?

Car is a 1985 Cutlass Supreme.

North Coast Improvements, Mobile Audio Division. Sundown Audio Dealer Akron, OH. Need BNIB audio? PM me for details.

By: N.G.U Graphics

up2me is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Poll: Good 6x9's or Comps?

This all depends on the sound you are going after. First off many people say that kicks will give you the best imaging in a vehicle. This is why many people put midbass in doors and midrange in kicks. It also depends on the size of the component set, the bigger they are the worse for kick location. If you did do kicks would they be custom built or pre made example Q-logic.

Most sound quality people will also tell you if you have strong enough front stage you will not even need your back speakers. Some people do run backs of hu power just for some rear fill. I hope this gives you something more to research and really decide what you want out of your system. By the way I run 6 1/2 comps in doors and the mid bass is outstanding but i lack some of the imaging that kicks provide.

Grinder1989 is offline Sundown Audio Dealer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Poll: Good 6x9's or Comps?

My problem is I can't put anything in the doors. I need midbass because I'm lacking it pretty bad. Although putting my amp on my speakers helped, it didn't do wonders.....

EDIT: Looking at these for 6x9's http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5260
    Last edited by Grinder1989; 10-02-2007 at 11:15 PM.

North Coast Improvements, Mobile Audio Division. Sundown Audio Dealer Akron, OH. Need BNIB audio? PM me for details.

By: N.G.U Graphics

Closed Thread

User Tag List