Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Components in the rear?

alz06 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Components in the rear?

I have a 4 door jeep rubicon and am wondering if i should put some components in the rear instead of coaxs. There is a "sound bar" that runs acroos the roof where the rear doors are and it has a set of 6.5 coaxs firing downward. What I was thinking of doing is running the midbass in the stock location and position the tweeter on the sound bar where they face the rear seat. So the system would consist of a set of components components in the front and one in the rear recieving about 150 watts each and a 12 in a sealed enclosure recieving 1000 watts.

sirsaechao is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Components in the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by alz06 View Post
    I have a 4 door jeep rubicon and am wondering if i should put some components in the rear instead of coaxs. There is a "sound bar" that runs acroos the roof where the rear doors are and it has a set of 6.5 coaxs firing downward. What I was thinking of doing is running the midbass in the stock location and position the tweeter on the sound bar where they face the rear seat. So the system would consist of a set of components components in the front and one in the rear recieving about 150 watts each and a 12 in a sealed enclosure recieving 1000 watts.
    Most, if not all people will tell you about the front staging like when you in a concert. I had the same problem about running rear speakers let alone components in my Tacoma ext cab pickup. Guess what? I went with both front and rear components and I couldn't be more happier. My application might be a bit different since my cab is smaller and closer to me = all 4 speakers in my ear vs a 4 door Rubicon.

To much to list...click on link
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907752
    Trust:
    xtremez, KeepinItSimple, jdubbau, Blazemore
    eBay: sirsaechao_2000

///M5 is offline Big Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rears are a waste of money.

alz06 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ///M5 View Post
    Rears are a waste of money.
    why is this a waist of money? bear in mind this is a 4 door and we have people sit in the back. i also think it would sound good when you have the top off and are taking a beer break when camping or four wheeling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alz06 View Post
    why is this a waist of money? bear in mind this is a 4 door and we have people sit in the back. i also think it would sound good when you have the top off and are taking a beer break when camping or four wheeling.
    alz06 - it is ultimatly your decision. Like I said...people will tell you not to installed rear speakers but I choose to in my truck. I like it load and I find that even with a pair of high end components up front it still can't be as loud as running both front and rear.

Trust:

DejaWiz is offline Speaker Bee-otch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
    alz06 - it is ultimatly your decision. Like I said...people will tell you not to installed rear speakers but I choose to in my truck. I like it load and I find that even with a pair of high end components up front it still can't be as loud as running both front and rear.
    That's going to depend on the equipment used as well as the install itself.

I'm going to venture to say that a single set of Rainbow SLC 265 Kicks ($280 shipped) or CMX 265 Kicks ($330 shipped) on 2x200w rms will give your 2 sets of XR650CSi's ($250 each shipped online, or $400+ each at a local shop) on 75w rms each a serious run for the money ...all else being equal such as the vehicle, any eq'ing, etc.

My advice to you, alz06: take the money you have budgeted for fronts and rears and buy the most speaker (and amp if you need one) you can just for the fronts with that combined money. Disconnect the factory rears and run it that way for a few weeks or more to get used to the soundstaging and imaging. If you still feel it's lacking, then plug the rears in off HU power. If it's still lacking, then start on the path to finding rear replacements and an amp.

Take it in baby steps, as you might like the results of fronts and sub only so much that you need not go any further, thus potentially saving yourself a bit of money.

2010 Kia Forte SX
    2009 Kia Borrego EX 4x4

Setting Amp Gains:
    http://s13.zetaboards.com/Den_of_Dragons/topic/508709/1/

References
    Bought from: jacobcopeland87, 95bat, alxmlr789, na_rsx

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

A lot of people are not into top notch sound quality SQ ...so if you could care less about imaging...staging ...and proper SQ get a set of good speakers componets or coax's and put the front and rear on an amp and make it loud and clear... It can still be loud and clear with the front and rear speakers...and would probally satisfy 90% or more of people with aftermarket car audio.....

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

DejaWiz is offline Speaker Bee-otch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_CRX View Post
    A lot of people are not into top notch sound quality SQ ...so if you could care less about imaging...staging ...and proper SQ get a set of good speakers componets or coax's and put the front and rear on an amp and make it loud and clear... It can still be loud and clear with the front and rear speakers...and would probally satisfy 90% or more of people with aftermarket car audio.....
    Agreed. But like I said, might as well take it in steps too see what satiates best.

2010 Kia Forte SX
    2009 Kia Borrego EX 4x4

Setting Amp Gains:
    http://s13.zetaboards.com/Den_of_Dragons/topic/508709/1/

References
    Bought from: jacobcopeland87, 95bat, alxmlr789, na_rsx

///M5 is offline Big Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_CRX View Post
    But with the same budget for both if you put it all into the fronts it should not only sound louder, but also stage better. It is a win-win to put it all the fronts.

SRim23 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i can now add to the only fronts argument. after about 2 weeks now i honestly cant tell the difference between my polk momo's in front and my girlfriends 6.5 type r comps in front and rear. even though you will have people in the front and back of the car i think your sub might drown out most of the music in the rear anyway.

when my girlfriend has her subs off and both sets of comps running its a little too much. hurts my ears with both sets going and im half deaf.

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In that type of vehicle I dont see why you shouldnt go with rears if you want to. Not quite the best SQ vehicle, lots of road noise and it all goes out the window with the top down. Plus if staging is your concern, theres the fader knob to take the rears out of the equation for your SQ listening- but still have something back there when you are jamming out with the top/windows down.

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

gijoe is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why do people insist on telling everyone to ditch rear speakers? There are many situations that don't require the ideal sq setup. Sure in a true sq situation ditching the rears is probably your best bet, but not everywhere. I think a Jeep is the perfect vehicle for more than just front comps. Jeeps are noisy as hell, tons of road noise and wind noise, I would surely put speakers in the back of a jeep. Take the top off, park and have a beer with the music on, that sounds like a nice day. To the op, I'd go for it. You wont have an ideal sound stage, but it will be louder and probably fit your needs very well.

alz06 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5Max6spd View Post
    In that type of vehicle I dont see why you shouldnt go with rears if you want to. Not quite the best SQ vehicle, lots of road noise and it all goes out the window with the top down. Plus if staging is your concern, theres the fader knob to take the rears out of the equation for your SQ listening- but still have something back there when you are jamming out with the top/windows down.
    exactly. that why i have decided to go with two sets: hertz mlk 165s is the front and hsk 165s in the rear along with a 12" IDMaxx. the hsks will be set up in the overhead sound bar facing the rear. now the question is should i go ported or sealed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like I mentioned...it is ultimatly up to you. I have front and rear components in my Tacoma...a little *** pickup.

Trust:

CrazedCat is offline Right boot. Got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also have a 4-door Wrangler and you will need some type of rear fill. The cabin is just too big and if you have passengers who you want to enjoy music as well you're gonna need rears otherwise they'll be in a "void" between the highs & midrange from the front and the bass (assuming your sub is in the cargo area). Remember, Wranglers are horrible for SQ as 3.5spd said...road noise and just bad acoustics overall.

Did you install the fronts yet? The dash speakers take some doing to remove. The driver's side is the biggest b!tch to get out. Here's my Jeep's setup.

330i
    Eclipse | Dynaudio | Zapco | RE

refs
    3.5Max6spd, 6spdcoupe, nismos14, Drunkship, lost1700, spike_e, rcnshoe, djdilliodon, Flossinon24S, lslugz, kinglowlife, blazeplacid

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast