Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need help chosing setup

OK so heres the deal..not satisfied with my current setup thats basically brand new.

deck: pioneer deh-p7900bt
    front: alpine type-s SPS-17C2 (50watts RMS)
    rear: alpine type-r SPR-69LP (55watts RMS)
    sub: rockford fosgate p210s4 (200watts RMS @ 4ohms)

just installed the front speakers this weekend and not satisfied. i have an 06 corolla which has a cheap factory component system with tweeters on the A pillar. currently they are disconnected since i thought i could go cheap on the front speakers, although clarity wise they sound awesome, but just doesnt have the kick the stock components had. heres where i need some advice. im looking for some cheap components to stick in the doors (6.5") and some similar tweeters to replace the stock ones. not looking to power the rear 6x9's since...im the driver and i could give a **** about whoever sits back there, so i was looking at a 4ch amp to run the front components, and the rear sub in bridged mode (is this even possible?). i was looking at getting a cheapo alpine mrp-450 since it has 200watts RMS bridged which would work perfectly with the sub, but then the question becomes what would the components be getting RMS wattage wise with the sub being used in bridge mode?

basically:
    - looking for decent 6.5" components that are less than $100
    - looking for a 4ch. amp for $100-150 that can power the puny sub and components decently. used alpine mrp-450 comes to mind here

thanks guys

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    655 Post(s)

Re: Need help chosing setup

cadence cwm-6 kit or Phoenix Gold RSD comps, best ones for under 100. And ditch the rear-fill and save that money for a better amp.

chopsu3i is offline QuietCar user

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i got the type-r's from a friend for dirt cheap...40bucks and the stock 6x9's were torn to shreds anyways....i kinda like having speakers everywhere so i think ill keep em.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopsu3i View Post
    OK so heres the deal..not satisfied with my current setup thats basically brand new.

deck: pioneer deh-p7900bt
    front: alpine type-s SPS-17C2 (50watts RMS)
    rear: alpine type-r SPR-69LP (55watts RMS)
    sub: rockford fosgate p210s4 (200watts RMS @ 4ohms)

just installed the front speakers this weekend and not satisfied. i have an 06 corolla which has a cheap factory component system with tweeters on the A pillar. currently they are disconnected since i thought i could go cheap on the front speakers, although clarity wise they sound awesome, but just doesnt have the kick the stock components had. heres where i need some advice. im looking for some cheap components to stick in the doors (6.5") and some similar tweeters to replace the stock ones. not looking to power the rear 6x9's since...im the driver and i could give a **** about whoever sits back there, so i was looking at a 4ch amp to run the front components, and the rear sub in bridged mode (is this even possible?). i was looking at getting a cheapo alpine mrp-450 since it has 200watts RMS bridged which would work perfectly with the sub, but then the question becomes what would the components be getting RMS wattage wise with the sub being used in bridge mode?

basically:
    - looking for decent 6.5" components that are less than $100
    - looking for a 4ch. amp for $100-150 that can power the puny sub and components decently. used alpine mrp-450 comes to mind here

thanks guys
    good luck trying to find some good comps for 100. you want find it. maybe 250... 100 bucks is out of the question

mlstrass is online now Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1163 Post(s)

Have you even amped the current speakers as that might make a big diff.

PG RSD's sound good, installed a set the other week for a guy on here. Pretty impressive, especially for the price.

95BlackGA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Everyone over looks Hifonics, but that's where I would go. I would upgrade the tweeter though, poorly constructed crap. The Crunch speakers are the same, but for some reason, the tweets sound better?

Sold To - Ku-Sama - Benilson09 X2 - Vitveet - Max_Power X2 - xfeat - DaveT - uglydimple12 - pickup1 - EnvEe 02 - blackbonnie - lightningbolt44 - Louisiana_CRX X2 - audiobahnuser18 - NoPh33rRaCiNg - profoundwill - Scoobydoo - joe98chevy - theMessenja44
    Traded With - Rich00 - fwb_1234 - SPL140.2 - Six501 - Scoobydoo
    Bought From - RoLLaxPhile - SPL140.2 X2 - Randy Savage - Johnny Law.Lulz

R.I.P Uncle Scot, you'll be missed. 8/22/08 We love you, bud.

tbasile1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RSDs FTW!!!!!!!!!

REFS:

sold to "Benilson09"

chopsu3i is offline QuietCar user

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    Have you even amped the current speakers as that might make a big diff.

PG RSD's sound good, installed a set the other week for a guy on here. Pretty impressive, especially for the price.
    naw havent amped them yet..see the thing is there were factory components in the doors with the tweeters on the A pillar. coaxials just dont sound the way i want it to sound...i guess id like to take advantage of the factory tweeter location. hmm maybe i should look for some good used components then.

on that note. what about the amp? would the alpine mrp-450 do my system justice? sub is 200watts RMS. and bridged at 4ohms on the amp is 200watts RMS, but what would the other 2 channels be getting in terms of wattage?
    Last edited by chopsu3i; 09-18-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Closed Thread

User Tag List