Closed Thread

Reload Thread: x200.4 on Seas mids and LPG tweets?

beckSHO is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

x200.4 on Seas mids and LPG tweets?

So I'm going to be doing an active system and I'm just about to order my mids and tweets here in a second.

I just wanted to make sure that I'd be fine with an x200.4 powering these mids and these tweeters. I wouldn't be overpowering them would I? Of course I would set the gains properly, keeping the power levels down and they'd be installed in deadened doors.

Thanks,
    Beck

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    Head Unit: Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    Mids: Seas ER18RNX's
    Highs: LPG 25NFA's
    Mids & Highs Amp: Phoenix Gold x200.4
    Subs: Two Image Dynamics IDQ12V2's
    Sub Amp: Hifonics BXi 1206D

kross is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: x200.4 on Seas mids and LPG tweets?

Well, since those are 8-ohm drivers, that amp probably will only put out half the power that a 4-ohm load would draw. I looked at the specs for the amp, and it says it puts out a constant power from 4 ohms to 1 ohm, but doesn't say what would happen with 8 ohms. With other amps, if it could put out 200w @ 4 ohms, it would only put out 100w at 8 ohms. That amp may be different.

df.dima is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You will be fine. I've ran almost the same setup, I only had CA18s + LPGs, then got rainbows in place of LPGs. Just watch your gains. The amp will put 100w (half of what it puts at 4Ohm) in ideal situation. You'll never go up that high since music is dynamic, so I wouldn't worry. The tweeters need only a bit of power to get loud.

Another thing, Xenons love high voltage input. I almost had to crank gains all the way up. Got a line driver and they are at the very min. Consider adding it, it's easier to set gains and not worry that you will clip the amp, because the gain is getting so sensitive to adjustments all the way up.

Babs is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Over-powering ???? Isn't this basically a function of the volume knob? I wouldn't worry about overpowering them, just giving them clean power regardless how much.. so they get a nice clean signal at your favorite volume level.

Closed Thread