Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Rainbow Vs. Hertz

lyttleviet is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rainbow Vs. Hertz Vs. Any comp ~500+

Vanadium CS265 Vs. MLK 165... please post your personal experience and which you would choose.

I am currently running the Rainbow Vanadiums and am thinking about crossing over to the Hertz. Main reasons are: I am running Audison Amps, I wanna try something new, read great reviews about the MLK 165s, and they carry a 3 year warranty whereas my vanadiums are out of warranty.

Thanks in advance guys!

P.S.- OR chime in what component set you would get for >450
    Last edited by lyttleviet; 07-25-2007 at 12:44 AM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Rainbow Vs. Hertz

Nobody has any opinions on HIgh end components?

genxx is offline Team JL Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Problem is not to many have the Hertz to compare. I have ran the Profi Van CS365 in the past but not Hertz so cannot compare them. I say keep the Profi Van order the Hertz and compare them. I just do not see anyone being able to compare these two on here. Sell which ever one you decide you don't like hope it doesn't come down to a dead heat.LOL

I feel you though. I ran the Rainbows then decided to try something new so I am getting ready to give CDT a shot. If I hate them I will try something else. Hertz is on my short list also. I also would like to try some Macrom and Genesis comps.

2009 USACi Basic Consumer World Champion, '09 IASCA INAC 2nd Place, 2010 MECA Finals MODEX 4th, '10 OK MODEX State Champion--Addicted to Sound Quality
    '06 F250: JL-Zapco-Pioneer
    '08 Focus-Kenwood-Zapco-ID-Hertz
    Team JL Audio, Team RAAMmat, Team Advantage Audio, Team MSE, Team Zapco

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genxx View Post
    Problem is not to many have the Hertz to compare. I have ran the Profi Van CS365 in the past but not Hertz so cannot compare them. I say keep the Profi Van order the Hertz and compare them. I just do not see anyone being able to compare these two on here. Sell which ever one you decide you don't like hope it doesn't come down to a dead heat.LOL

I feel you though. I ran the Rainbows then decided to try something new so I am getting ready to give CDT a shot. If I hate them I will try something else. Hertz is on my short list also. I also would like to try some Macrom and Genesis comps.
    ah well I understand that, even personal opinion would be nice. I am lucky I will have a buyer either way I choose to go so I guess I will test them that way . I have yet to hear about the latter two you mentioned but maybe one day. Goodluck with everything!

PremierAudio is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PM Don, 6spdcoupe, he sells both. I would love to voice my opinion but I simply would have to compare the two to tell you a difference. Don will steer ya right though.

-Aaron

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can sure tell ya they sound very different. You are comparing an alloy set to one with a softer presentation/tonal characteristics by materials involved alone.

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

Tonyguy is offline Welcome to Thunderdome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i've heard the hertz and they sound awesome. A lot better than my HSKs, they were gorgeous sounding comps. Though i haven't heard any rainbows.

Refs:massiveaudiocw, 9512ds, Team OSC SVT,kyleg94cavy,chucku,paintballproam,req,teamquak ecelica,PureSPLprix,trunks9_us,
    iceteebone,wong05tsx,sdsport92064,clutchless

Quote Originally Posted by 9512ds View Post
    I wanted to shake the hand of tonyguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Milles certainly venture closer to the Platinums sound, build quality etc...They are certainly an upgrade in many ways, just not easy to guarantee they will be tonally for your acquired tastes. Vanadiums are pretty exacting in sound, rich in dynamics. The Milles will be more on the colored side, not quite the same high freq extension and air as they are a bit rolled off, the midbass may not be as tactfull and sharp but rather hint towards some warmth and less forwardness on the midrange in comparison. So you have to gauge what exactly you are looking change for the better for your listening criteria to call it other than another lateral move or change.

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

WhoSayWho? is offline Preston Caught a Predator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you ever review wines?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5Max6spd View Post
    The Milles certainly venture closer to the Platinums sound, build quality etc...They are certainly an upgrade in many ways, just not easy to guarantee they will be tonally for your acquired tastes. Vanadiums are pretty exacting in sound, rich in dynamics. The Milles will be more on the colored side, not quite the same high freq extension and air as they are a bit rolled off, the midbass may not be as tactfull and sharp but rather hint towards some warmth and less forwardness on the midrange in comparison. So you have to gauge what exactly you are looking change for the better for your listening criteria to call it other than another lateral move or change.
    You were the one person I was waiting on Don . I think I am going to give the Hertz a try. After reading your review and one in a magazine I believe it is what I am looking for. Gordon's display of the High Energy midbass was also very convincing although my vanadiums are ******! I'd like to try the warm colored side of things . Thanks so much for your in-depth reply Don .

PatFitz9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good call on trying the Hertz comps, they look nice.

and that's not Don

refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lyttleviet View Post
    You were the one person I was waiting on Don
    eeeewwwww!

oh no you didnt...

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6

bose301s,qwertvt

HKUSP45 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'd like to try the miles but from what i hear the vanadiums are more up my alley. i like my music loud

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5Max6spd View Post
    eeeewwwww!

oh no you didnt...

wtf you're not don? Who are you!?!?! I always look for your replies too haha.... As in your s/n,.... dang it.. newb = fail

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lyttleviet View Post
    wtf you're not don? Who are you!?!?! I always look for your replies too haha.... As in your s/n,.... dang it.. newb = fail
    I'm Manny.

Don is the '6spd' wanna-be :p

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6

bose301s,qwertvt

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast