Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Reload Thread: High end components

  1. #1
    nevercomingback's Avatar
    nevercomingback is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    High end components

    I've been out of the car audio loop for a while now. In my old car I had mb quart pce-216's all around, powered by a JL 300/4 amp. I ended up getting a new car and sold the speakers. I want to put a system back in and need some advice on some components. I need a set of 5.25" for the front and 6.5" for the rear. I'm looking to spend around $400 total for the speakers. I would get mb quarts again but I heard they were sold off to some sh** company and aren't made the same anymore. Any suggestions?? Is CDT any good??







  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    cdt sux!!! alot of the guys here run with these. i'm waiting for mine to come in this week. i got mine off ebay. i've heard nothing but good things from this company here on this forum. no sence in wasting your money on named brand .

    http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail....es&model=PLG5C




  3. #3
    CRAZYCORNUTS18's Avatar
    CRAZYCORNUTS18 is offline Registered User



    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PAT
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    Quote Originally Posted by LUST OF DECAY View Post
    cdt sux!!! alot of the guys here run with these. i'm waiting for mine to come in this week. i got mine off ebay. i've heard nothing but good things from this company here on this forum. no sence in wasting your money on named brand .

    http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail....es&model=PLG5C
    dude hes not serious...cdt is kick *** a couple other brands are rainbow,diamond,crystall,focal,oz




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCORNUTS18 View Post
    dude hes not serious...cdt is kick *** a couple other brands are rainbow,diamond,crystall,focal,oz
    im not serious? the hell if i aint. all this forum raves about is pyle and infinity. i hear more about pyle on this site than anyother forum. i hope i wasn't tricked into getting those comps!!!!




  5. #5
    Fattony911's Avatar
    Fattony911 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ft.Myers
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    ppppssffhh




  6. #6
    CRAZYCORNUTS18's Avatar
    CRAZYCORNUTS18 is offline Registered User



    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PAT
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    Quote Originally Posted by LUST OF DECAY View Post
    im not serious? the hell if i aint. all this forum raves about is pyle and infinity. i hear more about pyle on this site than anyother forum. i hope i wasn't tricked into getting those comps!!!!
    pyle is like the lowest you can get lol




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCORNUTS18 View Post
    pyle is like the lowest you can get lol
    yep... pretty crapy. that $400 can get you some mb quart qsd216's and enough sound deadener to cover your doors. im running with the cdt es620's. pretty good comp.killer midrange. i kinda like this company called hertz. way out of your price range though. good luck




  8. #8
    Hoodlum007's Avatar
    Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    can you fit 6.5" in the front by chance?




  9. #9
    tbasile1's Avatar
    tbasile1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    are you amping them with the 300/4 again??

    And I would just stick to a comp set up front and coaxials in the back, really no need for components as rears



    REFS:

    sold to "Benilson09"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbayz1 View Post
    are you amping them with the 300/4 again??

    And I would just stick to a comp set up front and coaxials in the back, really no need for components as rears
    HELL, i'd just run with the comps in the front. screw rear stage. let your subs do the work in the back. you'll get a much better sound with only a strong front -stage




  11. #11
    sandbags's Avatar
    sandbags is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    you could also look into the JBL GTI MKIIs they sound great and can be had for less than 300




  12. #12
    tRidiot's Avatar
    tRidiot is offline Perpetually dissatisfied



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    2,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    I'm running a CDT 4" ES-04/01 comp set active with 8" midbasses, and thus far, I am MUCHO impressed. These are CDT's top-of-the-line comps, essentially, but they are worth every penny I paid, IMNSHO.



    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    CDT ES-01/ES-04 components
    Oz Audio 200H 8" IB (x2)
    RF T4004 (mid/tweet) and T3002 (midbass)
    Ampman Revolution 1500.1
    TC Sounds TC-9 12" (x2)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    Quote Originally Posted by tRdoc View Post
    I'm running a CDT 4" ES-04/01 comp set active with 8" midbasses, and thus far, I am MUCHO impressed. These are CDT's top-of-the-line comps, essentially, but they are worth every penny I paid, IMNSHO.
    what kind of 8" midbass drivers are you using? i hear they got drivers out there better than the idq's




  14. #14
    tbasile1's Avatar
    tbasile1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    Quote Originally Posted by LUST OF DECAY View Post
    HELL, i'd just run with the comps in the front. screw rear stage. let your subs do the work in the back. you'll get a much better sound with only a strong front -stage
    or that, but if he doesnt have subs, then id recommend getting some rears for a fill

    if u have subs or plan on it, i would agree with "Lust" to forget the rears all together



    REFS:

    sold to "Benilson09"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High end components

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbayz1 View Post
    or that, but if he doesnt have subs, then id recommend getting some rears for a fill

    if u have subs or plan on it, i would agree with "Lust" to forget the rears all together
    you ever seen 6x9 subs? i put them in my ex's car. sounded pretty good. put off a decent amount of space. you goota build a little box for them though.




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum