Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Does it really matter what type of music I listen to?

geocab is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does it really matter what type of music I listen to?

I'm currently shopping around for some nice comps for my front soundstage. I don't really want to spend more than $500/pair but might go a little higher depending on what I find.

I've been hearing very good things about the Focal 1652KPs, and the Rainbow Germaniums. My first question, are the Germaniums Rainbow's direct competition to the Focal's, or are there Rainbows higher up their lines that are a better choice to compare to them.

Anyway, one question I seem to always get asked, "what type of music do you listen to?" Why does that matter? Shouldn't a speaker be able to reproduce ANY kind of music? When I'm in the mood for some good bass I like to listen to rap/hip hop. When I want to mellow out, I'll listen to soft rock, jazz, sometimes electronica (like Paul Oakenfold); I also like to listen to classical music, maybe a tiny bit of opera; I also like to jam to classic rock, or newer bands like Godsmack, Korn, etc.; and then if I just want some good fast paced stuff, I'll listen to a good techno mix. I really do not like country music or R&B.

As you can see, my musical taste is all over the place and I don't want to buy speakers that are going to play one thing well, but not the other. Is there such a thing?

The only thing I can do to give an idea of what kind of sound I like speakerwise is to say I have Martin Logan Aeon i's for my main home speakers. I think they're fantastic speakers.

What are your thoughts?

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Does it really matter what type of music I listen to?

i think any quality comp set will play any music.

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

blimblam is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

500 is plenty to spend on comps!

and it shouldn't matter what music you listen to.

bought from: dragnix, bk12321 (2x), massiveaudiocw, JDBuilder (2x) (caraudiojunkyard.com), vitveet (2x), Optimus_Prime (ROE), RidnClean, TheGreatMonkey, acex3a, fasfocus00, got_bass89, goindef154, mcv30, d77543020

sold to: caligirl2k, mike86ttype, fasfocus00

MSW Danny is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you go with brands such as focal, rainbow, dynaudio, etc. im sure they will sound good to practically any type of music

Refs: Bloodstalker999, maldecido33, imtjnotu, BreakThisBread, freezeman_7,synikalt, pike110, pope, lastcall, vibebreaker, jnoel, jrekully17, wong05tsx, chopsu3i, skydeaner, No__ID(x2), silvercookie, Wkbdkid(x2), bjl95mustang, Harleyfx69, IDSkoT, gymfreak101, Beta, gbryant, KK07,Mzlady, Kicker1984, aallii1991, SAC-CA-4Runner, chenface, brenTgrillzem, jeeper07, Kid Red, tEh koRnDog, lopaka, RAB, Fuknmovin, PHILS04WRX, ecb12, fuggles, Lebronze,ascitiesburn69,Yourpop1979,h0ndaking03

NEED A CUSTOM BOX MADE? I CAN HAVE ONE BUILT FOR YOU. PM ME!

genxx is offline Team JL Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any of the brands already listed you will be happy with. X2 Focal, Rainbow, Dynaudio, Morel, CDT-Mixed Bag, Seas Lotus.

You might want to check out DLS also.

2009 USACi Basic Consumer World Champion, '09 IASCA INAC 2nd Place, 2010 MECA Finals MODEX 4th, '10 OK MODEX State Champion--Addicted to Sound Quality
    '06 F250: JL-Zapco-Pioneer
    '08 Focus-Kenwood-Zapco-ID-Hertz
    Team JL Audio, Team RAAMmat, Team Advantage Audio, Team MSE, Team Zapco

6. 07-16-2007

Closed Thread