Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 6th gen (2001 01) Honda accord tweeters/doors

telmnstr is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6th gen (2001 01) Honda accord tweeters/doors

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at replacing my door speakers and the dash tweeters in my 2001 4Dr EX Accord.

I'm checking out the Boston SX60's I believe.... I understand the tweeter covers pry up, and there is a cap or something on the speakers to cross them over.

Does anyone know the proper tweeter size for this series car?

I've read there are depth issues with the door speakers, but I'm not sure if this is the moisture cup thing, or the window path? I plan to replace the moisture barrier if I need to cut it.

My amp is a US Coustics, head unit will be an XBox running XBMC, and I'm going to work on a custom board to provide line level audio control and input switching from the steering wheel controls (using a microcontroller to read the resistance).

mokedaddy is offline professional idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 6th gen (2001 01) Honda accord tweeters/doors

I have yet to find a perfect drop in tweeter for the dash but any size will work. You just have to use a little mounting ring if you cant get them to sit perfectly. Also note if you are using components with an outboard crossover than you wont need the caps that were on the factory tweeter. As far as the door speakers just built a mounting ring out of mdf will allow you to use most speakers out there. Not sure what you are looking at but I would be more concerned with the sound of the speaker than the exact physical dimensions.

'a man without enemies, is a man without character'

telmnstr is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 6th gen (2001 01) Honda accord tweeters/doors

Ah okay. I figure I will run new wire from the dash speakers back to the trunk, and mount the active crossovers with the amp, feeding the door speakers thru the factory harness. I've already got that cabled.

I just don't want to get caught in a case where the holes in the dash need to be enlarged, or the door speakers prevent the window from rolling down.

Closed Thread