Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Type S vs Octane RSD setup... help!

jameisonstyle is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Type S vs Octane RSD setup... help!

so i have a conflict of interest....
    Ive been visiting several stores around where I live and getting recommendations from friends.. i finally got to a store that the owner was actually nice and feeding me the right kind of information, and had pretty fair prices..

i almost got talked into getting type r coaxals all around, but i think im going to settle for the type S because its 50 bucks less per speaker and they sound fine. i didnt hear THAT much of a difference between the coaxils and components BUT it was only hooked up to the deck and not an amp, so that changes alot of things.

so this i ask you.. i dont want to screw around iwth my car speakers so to install coaxals at this store its 45 a pair, and 85 a pair for components... im debating to get type s coaxils all the way around for 99 a pair and 45 a pair for install.. hes giving it to me for 300. its about 10 maybe 15 dollars less then price tag. this package comes with a lifetime free labor gaurentee, and a 1 year product gaurentee.

so i can get that deal OR

the octane rsd components for 129 + 85 for install, and 50 for the octane r's + 45 install. which will come out to cost 310. BUT it wont have the 1 year product gaurentee but if its labor and something wrong with how they installed it, that is a lifetime gaurentee...

this is where im at right now:

i want to get the type r's becaase of the product gaurentee for 1 year and ive already heard them and i am satisified with it. im eventually going to get an amp and a sub aswell. but i like the phoenix gold brand becuz i LOVE their subs, but i havent heard the speakers that im getting in person and i wont be getting hte 1 year product gaurentee.

so do you think your speaker system is worth getting over the type r's and 1 year gaurentee? and remember that i wont have an amp until i get subs, but the end result is what im really looking for anyways. but what system do you think is better?

NJTStang11 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Type S vs Octane RSD setup... help!

My 12yr old brother can change a set of speakers.
    It's 2 wires, you'll be kicking your own *** if you pay that kinda money to change speakers out. Find a site w/ a forum about ur type of car and search around.

quest51210 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just bought a set of RSD6.5" comps for $87.00 shipped on ebay from audiosavings. go check their sales or email them

refs:bhsdriller-sold, jermaine29-sold, stereohead69-sold, foreman-bought, dconder-bought, SVTRelampago-bought, Mihklo-sold, CRXican-bought, dron178-sold, wes007parks-bought, elementalXB-sold, revrider-sold, IonSQL-bought.

Under old S/N SATX210: zachzchw-bought, lowlinc-sold, ksin291-sold
    got quite a few good refs on diyma, caco, and ebay under Quest51210

tbasile1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if your not going to amp components, just stick to coaxials

and yes my friend, once you figure out how to take off the door panel, its simple to install speakers

look for a forum dedicated to your car, theyll prolly show you how to remove the panels

REFS:

sold to "Benilson09"

quest51210 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i figured i would check out the hype for my project truck the focals are in the daily. so go look them up asap

refs:bhsdriller-sold, jermaine29-sold, stereohead69-sold, foreman-bought, dconder-bought, SVTRelampago-bought, Mihklo-sold, CRXican-bought, dron178-sold, wes007parks-bought, elementalXB-sold, revrider-sold, IonSQL-bought.

Under old S/N SATX210: zachzchw-bought, lowlinc-sold, ksin291-sold
    got quite a few good refs on diyma, caco, and ebay under Quest51210

Closed Thread