Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boston Pro 60 question

Hi, i just got a pair of the pro 60s. Im currently running 4 6 1/2 Infinity Kappas on a Rockford P450.4 Wich is running them 60 RMSx4 @ 4ohms. I am going to remove my stock tweets in the 'A' pillar and replace then with the boston tweets and i already replaced the front 6 1/2s with the Boston Pro 60s. My question is should i bridge the amp so i get 225 RMS @ 4ohms for the Bostons in the front and let my Alpine 9857 run the rear Kappas? Right now i just swaped them out with the Kappas in the front and they sound sweet. But that is at 60x4. Would i be better off giving the power to the Bostons in the front or keep it the same as it is now? Thanks for the help. PS the Bostons are 3 ohm and 125rms 250 peak.

Alpine 9857 HU
    Boston Pro 60s, front stage
    Infinity Kappas, rear stage
    Jl Audio 450/4
    Jl Audio 1000/1
    13 W7
    Audi Control 3.1
    Kinetik in the rear yellow in the front
    Big 3

jluv is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Boston Pro 60 question

The Boston mids are 3 ohm, but the tweets are 8 ohm. I would send them as much as you can. I am currently running mine active, with the mids seeing about 200-225 each and the tweets seeing 35-40 each. This is plenty. The tweets don't need much at all, but the mids can handle much more than the rated 125 watts.

Power the rears with much less. I use a healthy 2-channel for my mids, and run the tweets and rear coaxials off of a 4-channel amp.

People will dump a crapload of cash into their components, and I understand the motive behind that. But honestly, for the money, pro 60s are very tough to beat. You just can't get that much better, imo. Proper tuning before the music ever hits the speaker is extremely important.

jakesford is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would just sell the kappa's and forget about the rear... Bridge the amp if you're going to keep the BA's passive and be on your way.

fratch69 is offline Fratch Daddy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the advice. Do you guys think ditching the rear Kappas and bridging the amp so the Bostons get 225 each will be better than what i have set up now with the Bostons in the front and Kappas in the rear at 60x4?

Alpine 9857 HU
    Jl Audio 450/4
    Jl Audio 1000/1
    13 W7
    Audi Control 3.1
    Big 3

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)

It never really hurts to ditch rear speakers unless your running 5.1

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ditch the rears, put as much power as you can on the pro 60's.

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

Tonyguy is offline Welcome to Thunderdome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

keep in mind that the Pro 60s are 3 ohm comps, not 4. Unless they're the old versions.

Refs:massiveaudiocw, 9512ds, Team OSC SVT,kyleg94cavy,chucku,paintballproam,req,teamquak ecelica,PureSPLprix,trunks9_us,
    iceteebone,wong05tsx,sdsport92064,clutchless

Quote Originally Posted by 9512ds View Post
    I wanted to shake the hand of tonyguy

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fratch69 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Do you guys think ditching the rear Kappas and bridging the amp so the Bostons get 225 each will be better than what i have set up now with the Bostons in the front and Kappas in the rear at 60x4?
    putting that full 225w to them is the only way your really gonna get them to come alive. trust me.

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

Macklessdaddy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fratch69 View Post
    Hi, i just got a pair of the pro 60s. Im currently running 4 6 1/2 Infinity Kappas on a Rockford P450.4 Wich is running them 60 RMSx4 @ 4ohms. I am going to remove my stock tweets in the 'A' pillar and replace then with the boston tweets and i already replaced the front 6 1/2s with the Boston Pro 60s. My question is should i bridge the amp so i get 225 RMS @ 4ohms for the Bostons in the front and let my Alpine 9857 run the rear Kappas? Right now i just swaped them out with the Kappas in the front and they sound sweet. But that is at 60x4. Would i be better off giving the power to the Bostons in the front or keep it the same as it is now? Thanks for the help. PS the Bostons are 3 ohm and 125rms 250 peak.
    can your hu run 2 ohm kappas nuff said bridge that bish on them pros

fratch69 is offline Fratch Daddy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks guys. The Kappas will be gone and all my power will go to the Bostons. I think they sound crazy now, i cant wait to put more power on them.
    Last edited by fratch69; 07-04-2007 at 06:41 AM.

Alpine 9857 HU
    Jl Audio 450/4
    Jl Audio 1000/1
    13 W7
    Audi Control 3.1
    Big 3

Bluecelica is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Everone, I have a big question lol. ok I have a problem, the pro 60s are 3 ohms 125rms(225peak) and i also have the Neo Type Ms(Imaging System) which are 50rms(100 peak) at 8ohms. Plus i have the SL65 60rms(200peak) at 4ohms for the rears. So i have a bought the PDX 4.150, 150 Watts x 4 @ 4 Ohm and 150 Watts x 4 @ 2 Ohm. Can this be done with the 4 channel amp or do i have to add another amp to supply the rears or Neo Type Ms. In the manual for the Neo Type Ms it says that i can run the power seperate to it, however they are only 50rms so isnt the 150rms going to burn them? But Since the Neo Type Ms are 50rms and Pro60s are 125rms = 175rms. If i run the Pro60s and the Neo Type Ms on the same channel would i be reducing the power for the Pro60s by 50%(or what ever%) or do the crossovers( or the speakers) take what they need, like 50rms and the rest would go to the pro60s? I am just not sure how the amp splits up each channel or if it even does that. Unless i run the IS neo Type Ms with the SL65s on the same channel. Would that make the sound be different since i would run it from the rear?
    Simple Questions
    + If i have a 125rms speaker and a 150rms amp is there a way to reduce the rms handeling to the speaker or does the speaker just get the full 150rms or just 125rms since thats what the speaker can handle(not considering peak power)? I do have Volt gains on the amp but not sure if that applies.

+ Is it better to run the Pro60s and the IS(neo type Ms) in parallel or is it better to run them each seperate on each channel? Also note that the Pro60s have there own lower range tweeters. Or would it be better to run all of them in parallel, Pro60s (about 90rms), Pro60s tweeters(about 35rms), and IS(new type Ms) 50 rms. Or Do i just have the Pro60s midrange and Pro60s tweeters be connected throught the Crossovers with the shorthook up they provide which i am guessing is hooked up in parrallel.

As you can see i am realy confused if someone can help me with this i would apreciate it. Also if you need more information just ask me. Thanx

HCCA is offline Slayer of Libs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Set them to the imaging setting, and run them in paralell. Mount them on the sail panels next to your side view mirrors. Don't worry about the power that they are rated for. If the com set can take it, they can too. They are, after all, crossed over with their own passive net. Passives absorb a large chunk of the power that they are fed. The type M tweeter is the very same tweeter that is mounted on the Pro60 mids, with their own crossover settings.

Bluecelica is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, But would i be reducing the power of the pro60s too much if i just run them in paralell with the Neo Type Ms? As George said putting the Pro60s to full power will make them come alive.

Closed Thread

User Tag List