Closed Thread

Reload Thread: it's time to focus on my front stage

hardhitta47 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it's time to focus on my front stage

Well, I'm pretty much done spending on my sub stage for now, so I really want to start getting my front stage sounding really good. For power, I'm thinking about a Alpine PDX 4.150. Pioneer 880 for running active. I need something that'll keep up with my two Avalanches. I'm looking for really impressive SQ. My budget is around $400. I do mainly listen to rap, but really want my system to shine with metal and rock music (if that makes a difference).

I'd like mids that can play well down to the 60 Hz range, and tweeters that can play well down close to 2 kHz if possible. My doors are deadened and pretty well sealed up with Damplifier.

I was thinking about the PRS comps, and running them active, but I'm also considering going the DIY route. Maybe the Seas W18NX with Seas Neo tweets?

Any suggestions from the SQ gurus? MiniVanMan, where you at?

Sold to: wackdogg | confusedsoul | got_focus? | 04|5spdcivic |billabongcr | Zxcvtypo | BigEM | ElBandito
    Bought from: UndercoverPunk | Se7en (diyma) |alphakenny1 |IonSQL |cd6551 | QtrHorse |PowerNaudio | Duece212 | ace_800 | Logikalliquid | 9512ds | altima98 | MiniVanMan

MiniVanMan is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: it's time to focus on my front stage

Quote Originally Posted by hardhitta47 View Post
    Well, I'm pretty much done spending on my sub stage for now, so I really want to start getting my front stage sounding really good. For power, I'm thinking about a Alpine PDX 4.150. Pioneer 880 for running active. I need something that'll keep up with my two Avalanches. I'm looking for really impressive SQ. My budget is around $400. I do mainly listen to rap, but really want my system to shine with metal and rock music (if that makes a difference).

I'd like mids that can play well down to the 60 Hz range, and tweeters that can play well down close to 2 kHz if possible. My doors are deadened and pretty well sealed up with Damplifier.

I was thinking about the PRS comps, and running them active, but I'm also considering going the DIY route. Maybe the Seas W18NX with Seas Neo tweets?

Any suggestions from the SQ gurus? MiniVanMan, where you at?
    You've posted over at DIYMA. I'll respond there.

2007 Chrysler Town & Country Type R

Being installed as we speak
    Mids: 7" Scan Speak Revelator
    Tweets: Lotus RT27F
    Subs: Dayton RS315HO (x2)

H/U: Eclipse 8053
    Amps: Memphis ST1500, ST200.4, ST150

Want to understand your passive crossover a little better??

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...0&page=1&pp=10

Your ability to buy expensive audio equipment does NOT make you an "audiophile"

hardhitta47 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: it's time to focus on my front stage

Sweet. Thanks

Sold to: wackdogg | confusedsoul | got_focus? | 04|5spdcivic |billabongcr | Zxcvtypo | BigEM | ElBandito
    Bought from: UndercoverPunk | Se7en (diyma) |alphakenny1 |IonSQL |cd6551 | QtrHorse |PowerNaudio | Duece212 | ace_800 | Logikalliquid | 9512ds | altima98 | MiniVanMan

Closed Thread