Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Help Completing 3-Way

Keeshwah is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Need Help Completing 3-Way

I recently purchased some SLC265 Kicks and they sound nice but initially the sound was a little muffled so I set the tweeter to +3dB and that kind of fixed the problem. Now I thought that with this set I should be able to turn it up to levels that would be intolerable but now I'm thinking that's not the case. I think part of the reason is the speakers were installed in the stock locations. I don't want to relocate the tweeters really since I can't change the direction the mids are facing. Kick pods are not an option because there is not room on either side of the factory kick panels.

I've decided I want to buy some 3" mids and put them and the tweeters in the A-Pillar/Dash. I'm looking for some suggestions on the 3" mids I should use that would perform will with the components. I'm also looking for suggestions on crossovers. I'm trying to see in I can get the crossover from the 365 set and just use that if possible. I could go active but I'm trying to avoid that since it's expensive. Any suggestions and/or advice would be very much appreciated.

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Help Completing 3-Way

How long have you had them? Reason is the kickbass driver tends to go through an extensive break in period as the motor adjusts to the airspace and then the midbass as well as the midrange clears up over time.

Are you using any deadning or how are you dealing with door panel resonance?

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doors are deadened and sealed with Damplifier. Mids are mounted on 1/2" MDF baffles that are bolted to the door since the previous install was so terrible it destroyed the holes on my door (stripped so bad it couldn't be tapped). I'm only giving them 50 watts max right now and during rap songs they start to sound distorted but they are supposed to be 100watts RMS and I was told I could give them 75 during the break-in period. I know the mids will get better but I want them loud. I figured that going to a 3-way setup and putting the mids and tweets up on the dash corners would be better for imaging and make it louder.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No one doing 3-ways with 3" mids? (Bump)

jmanpc is offline CA.com Nostalgist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definately give them more power... are you running them off the h/u? If so, *hits you with rolled up newspaper* bad boy!

2007 Red Ford Focus ZX4 SE
    - Clarion DXZ955MC -
    - MB Quart RSD216 - 2 MB Quart RWE-354 in 4 cubic feet sealed -
    - MB Quart DSC4125 - Audiopipe AP1500.1D - Optima Blue Top -

Team High Sexage

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Certainly not. lol. They're running off a rf t4004 that I will be bridging eventually but it's not right now.

///M5 is offline Big Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think adding another driver is going to help your situation at all. Some time tuning and nailing down the installation will.

Closed Thread