Closed Thread

Reload Thread: comps in front, leave rear either stock or take out speakers?

blimblam is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

comps in front, leave rear either stock or take out speakers?

i've heard that i should just leave the rear stage empty. but i'm not sure if i should. but i'm wondering if i should or not or just leave it stock. i was planning on getting the infinity ref 6020cs for the front stage and 6022si for the rear stage but now i'm not sure what to do what the rear stage. any ideas? thanks. sorry, if i've been asking a lot of newbie questions.

and for the amp, should i get a 4-channel or 2-channel?

bought from: dragnix, bk12321 (2x), massiveaudiocw, JDBuilder (2x) (caraudiojunkyard.com), vitveet (2x), Optimus_Prime (ROE), RidnClean, TheGreatMonkey, acex3a, fasfocus00, got_bass89, goindef154, mcv30, d77543020

sold to: caligirl2k, mike86ttype, fasfocus00

XanderMoser is offline Poor college student

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: comps in front, leave rear either stock or take out speakers?

What are you looking for in your system? Sheer volume? A quality soundstage? Taking out the rear speakers will make your front sound stage much more accurate. However, you could lose some volume. Especially for your rear passengers, if you have them often. It really depends on your situation. I took mine out because I want better sound for the front, and I know that I will be able to get loud enough for the rear passengers to hear the music just fine off my components. Plus taking out the rear speakers lets my sub sound a little clearer in the cabin...

Alpine CDA-9833
    Running fully active with US Acoustics 4050 and 4060 Zed built amps
    ID OEM 6.5" mids and Seas 27TAFNC/G aluminum tweeters
    12" Dayton Titanic in 1.2 sealed powered by HS 2.125

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i want good sound quality. i will probably have a lot of passengers but i'm not really sure because i might be carpooling for football and me and all my friends got cars so i don't know. let's say i will have rear passengers, i should have the rear speakers right?

bought from: dragnix, bk12321 (2x), massiveaudiocw, JDBuilder (2x) (caraudiojunkyard.com), vitveet (2x), Optimus_Prime (ROE), RidnClean, TheGreatMonkey, acex3a, fasfocus00, got_bass89, goindef154, mcv30, d77543020

Geezerpoop is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With all the debates about rear fill vs. no rear fill, I decided to fade all the way to the front so that the back speakers wouldn't be playing. It took a little getting used to but now I like it a lot better. Earlier today I had my rear speakers taken out.

Point being it may be worth trying it both ways and seeing what you like better.

'07 Accord Ex V6
    HU: Stock w/ JL Cleansweep + XM Radio
    Speakers: Rainbow SLC Kicks
    Speaker Amp: Kicker ZX450.2

Sub: 1 12" Diamond M6
    Sub Amp: Kicker ZX1500.1

Second Skin Deadening

Refs: hellomota, Mattmcss, PatFitz9, NhustlaR, 6spdcoupe, shoeless, 528hz, basebalz13 Dewitt88/WMCLLR = GAY Scammer

prodgod is offline Bored

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geezerpoop View Post
    With all the debates about rear fill vs. no rear fill, I decided to fade all the way to the front so that the back speakers wouldn't be playing. It took a little getting used to but now I like it a lot better. Earlier today I had my rear speakers taken out.

Point being it may be worth trying it both ways and seeing what you like better.
    I have done this too, right now, I'm with my fader almost all the way to the front, and didn't take out the backs because I have people riding in my car quite often. Now, the front stage is so much more accurate, and the sound quality for the highs is much better than before, and I'm also getting more midbass this way.

If you're adding an amp to your speakers, if you decide to keep your rear speakers in, I would recommend just amping the fronts, and running the rears off the hu power. This is what I'm doing once I get my new amp and better comps for the front. I have heard systems like this, and they sound good, and there is still sound comming out of the rear for passengers if you have them.

Hope this helps

Swick

1977 MGB - Current Project Car
    HU - Kenwood KDC-MP825
    Front Stage - Infinity Kappa 5.25" Rear Fill - Infinity Kappa 5x7"
    Sub Stage - Elemental Designs 9kv.2
    Amp - Rockford Fosgate 5.3x Wiring - Scosche 4 Gauge

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
    HU - Kenwood DDX512
    Front Stage - Kicker RS65.2
    Substage - 2 x Eclipse SW6000 10" Sealed
    Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power-1000 25-To-Life Wiring - KnuKnoceptz 1/0

Refs: lrc131, Hemi=22s, Tub Asko (SMD.com), poundindak69, us3, thegreatestpenn, BumpinLTC

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prodgod View Post
    I have done this too, right now, I'm with my fader almost all the way to the front, and didn't take out the backs because I have people riding in my car quite often. Now, the front stage is so much more accurate, and the sound quality for the highs is much better than before, and I'm also getting more midbass this way.

If you're adding an amp to your speakers, if you decide to keep your rear speakers in, I would recommend just amping the fronts, and running the rears off the hu power. This is what I'm doing once I get my new amp and better comps for the front. I have heard systems like this, and they sound good, and there is still sound comming out of the rear for passengers if you have them.

Hope this helps

Swick
    yea, it does help. so i should just get a 2 channel amp?

prodgod is offline Bored

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A 2 channel amp would be easiest if you are looking to run coax's, or running a set of passive comps.

If you want to, you could also get a 4 channel amp and bridge them into 2 channels. Of get a 4 channel amp if you are looking to run a set of comps active, then just use 2 channels for the mids and 2 channels for the tweets.

Swick

1977 MGB - Current Project Car
    HU - Kenwood KDC-MP825
    Front Stage - Infinity Kappa 5.25" Rear Fill - Infinity Kappa 5x7"
    Sub Stage - Elemental Designs 9kv.2
    Amp - Rockford Fosgate 5.3x Wiring - Scosche 4 Gauge

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
    HU - Kenwood DDX512
    Front Stage - Kicker RS65.2
    Substage - 2 x Eclipse SW6000 10" Sealed
    Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power-1000 25-To-Life Wiring - KnuKnoceptz 1/0

Refs: lrc131, Hemi=22s, Tub Asko (SMD.com), poundindak69, us3, thegreatestpenn, BumpinLTC

Closed Thread

User Tag List