Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boston acoustic pro 60 Speakers

I am getting a set of Boston acoustic pro 60 Speakers installed tommorrow.I have attached a picture of how my current comps are installed.I have the mids in the door and the tweets in the window sails.Many people say i should not seperate the tweets from the mids and install the speaker in the door.The installer says i should seperate the tweeter for better front stage performance.What do you guys think?Can i get good sound and performance with the speakers in the doors without seperating the tweeters or will the midbass drown out the tweets.should i detach the tweets.I wiil be running 200rms x 2 at 2ohms to the bostons.My entire car is sound deaden.Where should i attenatue the tweets 0db -2db -4db?The gains will be set with an Oscope thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boston acoustic pro 60 Speakers-100_0884.jpg  

HCCA is offline Slayer of Libs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Boston acoustic pro 60 Speakers

If you have the money, why not use them in the co-axial configuration, and use the Neo Tye-M imaginge tweeter. It can mount where you want the regular tweeter to go, but will raise the sound stage, and help your imaginge without localization problems. The imaging system can be crossed at 8K Hz, so they will only aid the imaging, not detract from it. They can be used on the same channels as your regular comps. The crossover that comes with them will even dock with the Pro 60 crossovers!

Closed Thread

User Tag List