uzy
    uzy is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Optimum speakers for this music

hey

my music taste is going to be very different to your and i wanted to know what speakers are going to perform well with this music take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTek4AdPkik

its stupid video i know but i only listen to the music lol

i got a budget of $350 and i got 250rms of clean power

Buffalohed is offline Music Snob Extraordinare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Optimum speakers for this music

Nothing wrong with that music... it's not my kind of thing but it is certainly better than a lot of rap out there.

My only suggestion would be to make sure to get a subwoofer and some accurate tweeters. Music like that I am guessing tends to be heavy in the subbass and the treble. But then again, you want it all to be accurate if you are concerned about SQ...

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

"The endeavor to understand is the first and only basis of virtue." - Spinoza

“The mind can make a heaven out of hell or a hell out of heaven.” - Milton

Kicker comps / Stereo Integrity subs / Sundown + Kicker amps / lots of room for improvement

Sunfire01 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look for a SQ oriented sub like an image dynamics, not like a SPL oriented Kicker. Also, get a good set of component speakers.

The most important thing I've found is make sure you mount and install everything very secure. If you need to, take it to someone who you trust to get it done. You will me much happier. The last thing you want is a bad environment for your $200 comps to try to reproduce music with.

Do you have a price range for individual pieces? What is 250wrms, 125wx2 for speakers, or a mono amp for your sub?

Please explain!!

The DD: 2003 BMW 325i
    Currently: Factory 10 Speaker 'business cd' system
    Goals: Alpine 9855 + Sundown SA-12 & Soundstream Ref 700

Some Old Pics https://picasaweb.google.com/100202832860090593338
    HEAT-->>http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=52549

uzy
    uzy is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire01 View Post
    Look for a SQ oriented sub like an image dynamics, not like a SPL oriented Kicker. Also, get a good set of component speakers.

The most important thing I've found is make sure you mount and install everything very secure. If you need to, take it to someone who you trust to get it done. You will me much happier. The last thing you want is a bad environment for your $200 comps to try to reproduce music with.

Do you have a price range for individual pieces? What is 250wrms, 125wx2 for speakers, or a mono amp for your sub?

Please explain!!
    well i have 250rms x2 from a phoenix gold octane amp and i have 1200rms from an spl dynamics going to a RE SX 15" in a box tuned to 35hz

Closed Thread